//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need some expertise after a mishap

--

Need some expertise after a mishap

So got the trikes out today with my bro, muddy as hell. My 200X got bogged down in about 8 inches of mud on a trail. I was pushing from behind while my bro throttled on the side to get it up a hill. We both slipped in the mud but got the X to the top of the hill. Thought the stupid thing would stall out at the top, but it kept going and went down a ravine and hit a tree. As you can see, the headlight guard did its job, but now it's jacked up. I bought the thing for $160 because it was still in the OE plastic.

Question, is it salvageable and if so, anybody on here think they can fix it? I can ship and will pay for your services of course.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0802.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	760.2 KB 
ID:	244661

Name:	IMG_0803.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	578.4 KB 
ID:	244662
    Real men ride trikes!

--
    So I have one on my 350x (yours is nicer) that I paid like 40$ for cause it was bent. I stripped ALL the plastics off my bike ( fenders, gas tank , headlights etc....) with the guard off I used a small propane torch and got it white hot and bent back what I could with some large vise grips and a rubber mallet bench vise. Then bolted it to the bike and got it hot again and tweeked it around on the triple clamps. It did peel all the paint but that's easy to fix. Your lucky really your headlight looks great still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Nope. The whole trike's totaled. I'll be there tomorrow to pick it up! Seriously, I'm just glad that it wasn't worse. Forget a Trane, it's hard to stop a Honda!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    Nope. The whole trike's totaled. I'll be there tomorrow to pick it up! Seriously, I'm just glad that it wasn't worse. Forget a Trane, it's hard to stop a Honda!
    Ha. I still can't figure out why the silly thing didn't stall out in 1st gear at the top of the hill. It kept going for about 20ft until a small tree stopped it. Damn things stall when you don't want them to, but not when they should...lol
    Last edited by shindig; 07-02-2017 at 11:13 AM.
    Real men ride trikes!

--
    It sure did "do it's job"!!

You can heat and beat but your trike appears to be in very nice shape, so you'll probably end up getting another one and I see em for sale all the time....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I have one in nice shape but its black. I think its painted over chrome.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-04-07_16-42-10_409.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	244720
    250r rules

--
    Won't stall when they should. Before I put a 400ex carb on my 350x, the only time it would idle is when it was upside down on top of me. Of course a tire was chewing on my leg both times too! I guess Honda just made them a little bit stubborn.

--
    Well got it straightened up pretty good I think. Bought a bench vice and a small blow torch and with a lot of sweat and determination, I got it back in good shape. Sanded, primered and painted with passion red. Install in a few days.

Name:	IMG_0810.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	624.8 KB 
ID:	244837
    Real men ride trikes!

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Very nice work. You could make a fortune buying the bent ones and "restoring"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmeamidget View Post
    Very nice work. You could make a fortune buying the bent ones and "restoring"
    Thanks. More work than I thought. Removed the top two cross bars, straightened them up in a vice, then had a neighbor re-weld them. A few dings here and there that I could have used bondo on, but decided it added character...lol.
    Real men ride trikes!

--
    Came out great!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

Merge_88 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Great job, looks very nice!
    1983 Honda 70
    1983 Honda 200
    1986 Honda "Super" 200X
    1983 Honda 250R
    1985 Honda 250R
    1985 Honda Big Red
    1986 Honda 350X/400EX conversion
    2005 Yamaha WR450F conversion
    1985 Yamaha Tri-Zinger
    1986 Kawasaki Tecate

--
    Well finally got the headlight guard put back on, came out pretty good. Got the X lifted since I'm tweaking the suspension. Tomorrow I'm picking up my 86 250r from my parents house, my Dad bought another lawn mower and needs the space...lol. The R isn't running right, so I'll be checking in for some expertise. I spent way too much a few years ago to make it look pretty, but didn't put enough time into the motor...sigh.

Name:	IMG_0812.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	537.1 KB 
ID:	244993
    Real men ride trikes!

--
    About a year old pic of the R at my parents house. Looks pretty, but won't run. Unfortunately I don't know much about 2 strokes...lol

Name:	IMG_0021.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	192.8 KB 
ID:	245003
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0739.JPG  
    Real men ride trikes!

--
    Tomorrow I'm picking up my R from my parents house? I wish I had that problem!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //