//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 350x power lag at top end

--
    Your valves are fine. You are paying for mistakes, we must learn from them. You simply need to jet for the new exhaust,,or,,start troubleshooting. How does your plug look? It tells you everything about what is going on inside. If it looks great and choke when warm,chokes you out,,I doubt it,,,,you're good. If choke helps, you're lean. I highly suspect you simply need to clean your carb and or jet. I have seen 50 times over the years,a perfectly running bike goes in the shop,and backs out the door with a completely new/unrelated problem! It is frustrating and needs troubleshooting. A bad CDI,loose ground will do exactly what you are describing. I suspect you very simply have a tiny piece of debris in your carb/or a jetting issue. Your valves are fine.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc007 View Post
    Your valves are fine. You are paying for mistakes, we must learn from them. You simply need to jet for the new exhaust,,or,,start troubleshooting. How does your plug look? It tells you everything about what is going on inside. If it looks great and choke when warm,chokes you out,,I doubt it,,,,you're good. If choke helps, you're lean. I highly suspect you simply need to clean your carb and or jet. I have seen 50 times over the years,a perfectly running bike goes in the shop,and backs out the door with a completely new/unrelated problem! It is frustrating and needs troubleshooting. A bad CDI,loose ground will do exactly what you are describing. I suspect you very simply have a tiny piece of debris in your carb/or a jetting issue. Your valves are fine.
    Thank you, I was tired of saying he same thing over and over.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    I did all that. Zero change. I swapped my old DG back on. Zero change. It ran fine before I took it all apart. Even removed my whole air filter. Zero change. It's not jetting. I'll check the grounds and swap the CDI. See what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Your cam timing is off a tooth.

--

350x power lag at top end

So she lives AGAIN!! Somehow when I put my valve cover back on I must have bumped the engine over or I was 180 degrees out or something ( I'm not that smart guys) so today I basically tore it back down to square one , valve cover off , right side crank case cover off , start over. Thanks to Mickey Dunlap for answering my email question and pointing out to me if I'm off a degree or two this would be an issue. And thanks to everyone else for chiming in knappy Yaegerb glamy atc007 ranvier scootertrash and anyone else I missed. I'll bring everyone beers if imperial invasion happens again next season. I truly appreciate the love fellas. I'll be at pismo beach either next weekend or the weekend after( depends on work) Thanks again!!

--
    So still not quite rite I'm thinking now it's to rich. Need to warm it up though. Gonna try the stock 138 jet and test.... got worse with choke on

--
    Just for giggles. See how the supply (gas) goes to the carb. flow wise. Pop the fuel line off the carb. Put it in a jar if possible then open the petcock.
    Watch the flow.

Simple test. This is the first thing I do. Rules out fuel cap, petcock obstruction and fuel line to the carb.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //