//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 250sx Questions

--

Question 250sx Questions

Another newbie here! So I'll try to sound as smart as I can. I've been messing around with 3 wheelers for a while, owning as many as yamahas 225dx's, honda 250sx's, and a small 110. I realize none of these are 2 strokes, but my biggest question is could any of them last on the sand dunes? I know the 110 is out. But what about the 225dx? The 250sx? Has anybody tried these out on the dunes? Is that a big no-no? I just have to ask. I don't have anything else. Would any mods be needed? Thanks in advance. Also...

Out of the two of those, which would you keep? Im assuming the Honda is probably better built, But idk for sure. I love em both. Maybe i'll have to keep em all!!!

--
    Welcome to the board....don't have ridden the two larger trikes but as being close to the "sand capital of the world" started out ridding 110's, with paddle tires could go anywhere, slow of course. None of these trikes are sport trikes, I refer to them as tractors low maintenance 4 strokes. Keep them all.. the heard will grow anyways.

"HJ" Name:  oldfogey.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  1.2 KB
    ’84 YT60
    ’85 350x (423cc) with ’81 XL500 head conversion
    ’83 XR500 (628cc) converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’73 CB750 K3 converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’86 TRX250R chassis XR650L engine hybrid
    ’89 TRX250R (stock )
    ’90 LT500 Quadzilla
    ’85 FL350 Odysses ( water cooled head )
    Lost (sold) but not forgotten ’80 ATC 110 (205cc on alcohol ) ’83 200x ( 222cc ) ’83 200x ( 185s eng ) ’85 350x ( stock )
    added to the collection recently, (2) '70 US90 Aquarius Blue and '74 ATC90 Daytona Orange

--
    It depends on what kind of riding you mostly do. I didn't realize how much differently the sx and 225 run until I rode mine back to back. The 225 has a lot more low end torque and would be better (in my opinion) for work. The sx (to me) is a sportier ride and is better for recreational riding.

--
    Currently I live out in the country so I mostly ride around the property, sometimes down the road. Sometime id love to go riding on public land so I know these would be good for the trails, buy didnt know about the sand dunes. Ive seen people ride the littles 70's and 90's out there so i assumed these machines could do it, but dont know. I didnt know if any one on here has experienced that or not

--
    I've seen videos of sx's in the dunes. As for the mods you asked about in your original post, while mods (done right) would give you more power, they won't give you more overall speed or better suspension. They're still heavy, slow trikes compared to the two strokes. While they wouldn't win too many races, they would still get around fine in the sand.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //