//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Exhaust leak 250r

--

Exhaust leak 250r

Hey guys I have new DG exhaust and it leaks from the exhaust flange! I have put copper coat at the seal and it seems to work! What do you guys do, can you get an aftermarket exhaust flange for the 84? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    not to my knowledge. All two stroke exhaust flanges seep oil to some degree.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    I use high temp silicone o-rings on my 85 250r with stock flange and it hasent leaked .I have several races on it. You would have to get smaller o-rings for the aircooled R.
    250r rules

--
    I goop them up with hi-temp RTV - usually the red stuff.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jb2wheels View Post
    I goop them up with hi-temp RTV - usually the red stuff.
    Yes this is what I've used, it's called copper coat here in Australia. Seems to be working so far, but don't know how long it will last.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc300r View Post
    I use high temp silicone o-rings on my 85 250r with stock flange and it hasent leaked .I have several races on it. You would have to get smaller o-rings for the aircooled R.
    Will the o ring make that much difference? Mine o ring might be worn or not even on the flange. I did notice that the dg doesn't fit that well on the flange.

--
    I use 2 on mine. 1 on the groove and 1 on the front.
    250r rules

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan-083 View Post
    Yes this is what I've used, it's called copper coat here in Australia. Seems to be working so far, but don't know how long it will last.
    I was skeptical at first, but it seems to last a while.

I used the RTV on my 85 250R about 3 years ago when I had the top end off and my Tecate about 2 years ago when I first got it. Neither leak now.

Admittedly, I only get about 4 or 5 good riding weekends a year so this might not be a good sample.

--
    I rode the everlovingdogcrap out of my 82 and 85 and they both leaked with new gaskets and 1211 bond, it's a nature of the beast. The exhaust temps get so high there is no way a paper gasket and metal ring will completely seal that opening with expanding temperatures. That said, once I got my double o-ring flange for my 85 from esr, it surprisingly stopped most if not all the oil splooge. Unfortunately they don't offer one for the 81-84. The idea from atc 300r above just might work.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Thanks for the advice boys appreciate it! Might buy o rings and see down the track! This is what I've put on it, seems to be ok for now and not leaking

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //