//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kawasaki trike?

--

Kawasaki trike?

Hey guys came across this today on gumtree here in Perth! Does anyone know what model it is or year? Any info on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Klf250?

--
    Ivan, it's a KLT250 prairie. I think around 1984-85 year. I had one, great trike! 5 speed manual clutch, lockable rear differential. Electric start only. That one looks to be in nice shape. They came in red or black I believe, also in a rare white police version.

--

Kawasaki trike?

Quote Originally Posted by joefixit0 View Post
    Ivan, it's a KLT250 prairie. I think around 1984-85 year. I had one, great trike! 5 speed manual clutch, lockable rear differential. Electric start only. That one looks to be in nice shape. They came in red or black I believe, also in a rare white police version.
    Good to hear from you Joe! Thanks for the information, so very similar to the 200es then?
    Guys asking $1000 Australian, what you think it's worth? I might see if he would take $500.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan-083 View Post
    Good to hear from you Joe! Thanks for the information, so very similar to the 200es then?
    Guys asking $1000 Australian, what you think it's worth? I might see if he would take $500.

Ivan, from my experience it's a great utility trike, only drawback is it doesn't have reverse. I guess the price depends on how hard they are to find over there..I think if you got it for 500, that's a pretty good deal. Let me know if you get it, I think I may still have the factory repair manual for it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by joefixit0 View Post
    Ivan, from my experience it's a great utility trike, only drawback is it doesn't have reverse. I guess the price depends on how hard they are to find over there..I think if you got it for 500, that's a pretty good deal. Let me know if you get it, I think I may still have the factory repair manual for it.
    I'll let you know if I get it not sure yet, want to get the 250r finished first and working on a full resto on a Suzuki tc125j road trial. Did you get my emails and pics?

--
    You should get it, that trike is so cool! A 250 4 stroke is very fun and dependable... plus the forks are old school cool. I'd back burner the Suzuki and get the Kawasaki.

--
    I've read on here that they run comparable to the 250sx and the ytm225. I rode one once back in the late 90's. It had good power. I have an 82 model. I don't think that it had the differential in the first year 1982. I've never had mine running since I bought it. I have to wait for ps2fixer to get done with the wiring harness first. Hopefully soon.

--
    i have a black one they are good bikes very werid to ride tho there arnt too many around here
    73 atc 70
    84 ytm 200ern
    79 atc 70
    ytm 225 dr
    atc 90
    80 atc 110
    klt 250A
    84 atc 200es
    85 atc 250es

gone but not forgotten restored 82 atc 70

--

Kawasaki trike?

Quote Originally Posted by jakep53 View Post
    i have a black one they are good bikes very werid to ride tho there arnt too many around here
    Long time jake! Where is the fuel tank? On the rear fender? Chain driven or shaft?

--
    Yep. Fuel tank's in the rear. They are chain drive.

--
    I responded to a very vague ad about two 3 wheelers. Afrer talking to him he said one was a green Kawasaki but didn't know anything about it. I had to go chase that unicorn, but Tecate unicorns don't exist and i ended up with this green turd. I have the key shroud. The guy didn't think it had spark though. Couple questions:

Is that a custom triple tree?
    Is there a site to run the VIN? What year is it?
    Anyone know of a download for a repair manual?
    Is it worth more and less headaches just parting the machine out?

Thanks -i had never seen one before.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

--
    Custom tripples yes Vin is hard to decode i think but it would be an 82 as that was the first year of production so thats what the A indicates i think
    73 atc 70
    84 ytm 200ern
    79 atc 70
    ytm 225 dr
    atc 90
    80 atc 110
    klt 250A
    84 atc 200es
    85 atc 250es

gone but not forgotten restored 82 atc 70

--
    Am I remembering corectly that there was an electric fuel pump on the bottom of the tank? And it was a nightmare to get to?

--
    I thought the fuel pumps were inline between the tank and engine. At least on the KLT250's, there was a vacuum operated pump at first. then they switched to the electric ones.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //