//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kawasaki trike?

--
    Thanks guys. I got the Tri -moto i picked up in this package deal running last night. I'll probably dig into this trike next week and post more of what i find if anyone is interested.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

--
    I've got a 1983 KLT200c. It was my first trike and i loved it. I'd work that thing to hell and back, and then hit the trails. Taken it to the dunes for several years now.

The KLT200 and the KLT250 are very similar. Almost every part interchanges. The 200 engine is based of the KZ200 motorcycle, I'd assume the klt250 is based off something like a 250?

These have a an inline fuel pump from the tank. A battery is required for them to start. They will not fire without a good battery. Rust can form under the coil on the frame. They will not fire due to this either.

I've ported the head on mine, milled it some, and bored it out.

<3 my KLT

I ended up moving to a Tri-Moto 175 with extensive engine mods.
    I just wanna go fast. If your not first, your last!!
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

--
    Mines missing the kick starter lever. Anyone know what might interchange?

--
    What's the model, rugbyflanker? Rubbersalt, I'm sure that the KLT250 was based off of the KL250 motorcycle. They were, I believe, what is today called a dual sport, meaning they are street legal and can go off road too. The engines look similar. I'd think that the kick starter for a KL250 would work on a KLT250, or one off of a KZ200 would work on a KLT200.

--
    My is a KLT 200. I forgot i had a 4 cylinder kawi street bike engine laying around. I took the kiclstart off that and the splines fit

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //