//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Milner Update!!!

dabody69 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Milner Update!!!

I just wanted to give a little update about what has been going on with my Milner situation the last few days, most people reading this already understand the back story but for those that don't maybe someone can link our other threads to this was about the situation, I would do it but i'm kinda challenged in that area, anyway... I contacted Tim thru his email, he was the guy that Milner had me send money thru bcuz Milners Paypal purportedly was shut done bcuz of his past dealings, I explained to Tim that by letting Milner use his Paypal he is now an accomplice to Milners activities, I told Tim that I would be reporting this action to the AZ internet fraud dept and assured him I would follow thru with lawyers and the like, which I certainly would have done, Tim told me he was just trying to help out a friend and would go speak to Milner about sending my money and parts back. The next day I get a text from Milner saying 'call me", I told him I'm done talking and I want my money and my parts back, his response was"???? ok..." indicating that he didn't understand why I would be acting that way, he told me he would drop the money off at Tim's house and Tim would then refund it to me, so today I get a Text from Tim saying he has the money and needs my Paypal, 10 min later I get a Paypal for all the money I sent, I then Text Milner asking when will I get my parts, he says he sent them out Saturday and I should see them this week, so as of right now I got my money back and supposedly the shock is on its way back to me.. Just wanted to let everyone know where my personal case with this guy is at right now, with that said does ANYONE know where I can get a Tecate shock rebuilt to showroom condition?

--

Milner Update!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dabody69 View Post
    I just wanted to give a little update about what has been going on with my Milner situation the last few days, most people reading this already understand the back story but for those that don't maybe someone can link our other threads to this was about the situation, I would do it but i'm kinda challenged in that area, anyway... I contacted Tim thru his email, he was the guy that Milner had me send money thru bcuz Milners Paypal purportedly was shut done bcuz of his past dealings, I explained to Tim that by letting Milner use his Paypal he is now an accomplice to Milners activities, I told Tim that I would be reporting this action to the AZ internet fraud dept and assured him I would follow thru with lawyers and the like, which I certainly would have done, Tim told me he was just trying to help out a friend and would go speak to Milner about sending my money and parts back. The next day I get a text from Milner saying 'call me", I told him I'm done talking and I want my money and my parts back, his response was"???? ok..." indicating that he didn't understand why I would be acting that way, he told me he would drop the money off at Tim's house and Tim would then refund it to me, so today I get a Text from Tim saying he has the money and needs my Paypal, 10 min later I get a Paypal for all the money I sent, I then Text Milner asking when will I get my parts, he says he sent them out Saturday and I should see them this week, so as of right now I got my money back and supposedly the shock is on its way back to me.. Just wanted to let everyone know where my personal case with this guy is at right now, with that said does ANYONE know where I can get a Tecate shock rebuilt to showroom condition?
    RaceTech in Corona CA , they can rebuild reseal polish and powered coat anything. Also they build on site hoses , and can even upgrade you while still making it look factory( valving and springs) and there a legit company. I've used them many times bought many parts and had very good luck with them on my 400ex and 350x
    Call and ask for Louie , he's the r and d guy. Hope you get your shock back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Glad to hear you got your cash back. Let us know when your parts come back and what condition they are in.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Powell View Post
    RaceTech in Corona CA , they can rebuild reseal polish and powered coat anything. Also they build on site hoses , and can even upgrade you while still making it look factory( valving and springs) and there a legit company. I've used them many times bought many parts and had very good luck with them on my 400ex and 350x

I was hoping to use someone more independent, I heard they do a good job but i also heard they are very pricey

--
    My friend Ray Eldridge could probably do the shock for you. He was injured at Unadilla Saturday and is having surgery this week so I don't know exactly when he'll be able to get back to work. It's best to get a hold of him on facebook. He does very nice work
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    I was hoping to use someone more independent, I heard they do a good job but i also heard they are very pricey
    ummm...they charge the same or slightly less than dirt bag milner brown aka onformula1 was for a basic rebuild. I don't know about their "restoration" prices though, however, I bet that if you pick up the phone and actually call them, they will answer your questions and then you will not have to assume or guess anymore.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

Ranvier is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Ive used suspension 101 in CA, george spinali. He has a website and has been mentioned on the forums before positively.

--
    I'd rather pay a little more and go thru a company like racetech then take a gamble on someone who does the work out of their garage and maybe get ripped off, never see my shocks or money again. I think many people on here have learned that the hard way.

--
    I wish I could like this 5 times.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    I wish I could like this 5 times.
    That's kinda funny cuz a few here would vehemently dislike my posts anytime I suggested race tech instead of milner brown aka onformula1.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON R A STAR

--

Milner Update!!!

I've never had them actually perform work so I can't quote there prices but most rebuild are 100$ plus parts. I typically just buy the parts and do the labor myself. But I know my rear shocks were about 160 for the spring and 150 for the high flow gold valves , 100 for them to install isn't bad. Now the pc and polish I know they powder coated my one spring for 15$. Seemed ok to me. The polishing they send out so maybe it's more and the hose prices were real fair. They're a local business to me so I like to support those plus they have been very helpful to me personAlly. Also hot secretaries.

Last edited by Shawn Powell; 07-18-2017 at 06:55 PM.

--
    I know they powder coated my one spring for 15$. Seemed ok to me.
    That is beyond ludicrously cheap. I'm positive that bilgener or pilsner or whatever its is would have charged way more than that so it could at least have enough money to buy its daily bottle of Old Grand Dad 101 Proof Bathtub Sour Mash.

Ok, I'm ready to steal your...um...I mean build your shock now.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    That is beyond ludicrously cheap. I'm positive that bilgener or pilsner or whatever its is would have charged way more than that so it could at least have enough money to buy its daily bottle of Old Grand Dad 101 Proof Bathtub Sour Mash.

Maybe they cut me a deal cause I just spent over 300$ on parts for said shock? It did take 24 hours though, lol. I'm a huge racetech fan. I do not like stickers on my bikes except for Honda ones , except for racetech.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post

ok i will give them a call

--
    Maybe they cut me a deal cause I just spent over 300$ on parts for said shock?
    Yes that is likely, however, even if it was around $30.00, it still would have been very reasonable.

It did take 24 hours though, lol.
    Yeah, I hate that about them, and they sometimes even have the audacity to take as long as 4 friggen days to build a shock.

Yeah...Race Tech SUCKS!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //