//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Hub bearing removal 250r

--

Hub bearing removal 250r

I need to remove my hub bearings and reading on here the key is to move the collar to one side so that you can get a drift in there to knock one bearing out. Problem is I can't move the collar. Any tips here? How can I move the collar to 1 side? I've got the hub soaking in penatrent oil now and I was able to spin the bearings but not the collar so far. Please help, I want to get the bearings out before I powder coat the hub.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Current Trikes:
    85 350x
    P3 (x2)

Quads:
    2003 Polaris Predator 500
    1988 Yamaha Warrior
    2003 Polaris Predator 90

Previous Trikes:
    84 Honda 110 (parts)
    85 Honda 110
    85 Honda 200x
    87 Honda 200x
    85 Honda 250sx
    KX 80 Trike conversion

Gone and missed:

--
    I would use a drift inside of the bearing and force/pry the collar aside a bit. Creating an edge on the inner bearing for a drift to catch from the opposite direction.

Onetrackmind is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    You can also go to O'Reilly or Autozone and get a Bearing Puller through their loaner program. Just requires a deposit that you get back when you return it. Or...just tap them out w a long screw driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Onetrackmind View Post
    You can also go to O'Reilly or Autozone and get a Bearing Puller through their loaner program. Just requires a deposit that you get back when you return it. Or...just tap them out w a long screw driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What would the puller grab onto? The collar is in the way.

Current Trikes:
    85 350x
    P3 (x2)

Quads:
    1988 Yamaha Warrior
    2003 Polaris Predator 90

Previous Trikes:
    84 Honda 110 (parts)
    85 Honda 110
    85 Honda 200x
    87 Honda 200x
    85 Honda 250sx
    KX 80 Trike conversion

Gone and missed:

--
    A. Block of wood and a torch.
    B. Heat around the outside of the hub around the bearing surface
    C. Pound the hub on the block of wood. Bearing will fall right out with very little effort once the hub is up to temp...Repeat for other side. New bearings will fall right in also. If you really want them to drop in, freeze them overnight in the freezer .No s or punches necessary.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    When heated they should fall out with a bit of prodding; Just like the rear carrier bearings.]

The blind bearing puller WILL WORK.

It has a tiny shoulder that will sneak up the side of the bearing where all bearings have a slight relief...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

Onetrackmind is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    If the puller can't grab any of the bearing, I would heat it up as suggested.

Keep in mind that the cavity that the collar sits in has a bigger ID than the OD of the collar, so it will float around in there without the axle holding it in place.

With the grease heated up, you can push that collar from side to side and you can catch the edge of the opposite bearing with a drift or screwdriver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--
    Thanks everyone for your help. Once heated up it was really easy and both the bearing and collar loosened right up.

Current Trikes:
    85 350x
    P3 (x2)

Quads:
    1988 Yamaha Warrior
    2003 Polaris Predator 90

Previous Trikes:
    84 Honda 110 (parts)
    85 Honda 110
    85 Honda 200x
    87 Honda 200x
    85 Honda 250sx
    KX 80 Trike conversion

Gone and missed:

--
    I have found that a MAPP torch, 2x4, and six pack are all the tools you need for carrier/front hub bearings.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //