//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Any interest in a trike event in NY?

yyz4208@aol.com is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Any interest in a trike event in NY?

Any interest in a trike weekend in NY? Camping mud pits

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Where in NY? I'd be somewhat interested if my gf is around. Not so much the mudpits but trails would be cool. Don't want to get my 250r muddy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

--
    There is nice trail system in Barns Corners NY.
    250r rules

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc300r View Post
    There is nice trail system in Barns Corners NY.
    State trails or trailpass required?

--
    State trails you need registration and insurance. Im not sure how the trail pass works .I was told several different versions. One was that you don't need the trail pass on the state trails only private trails.someone else said you need it for both.
    250r rules

--
    Interesting. I've heard many different versions too. I've ridden Happy valley, had fun. Gf should be coming down soon, looking for new places to ride. I've been spoiled by the trails in Ontario!

--
    Adirondack Atv Club has a nice setup with mudbog,mx track,drag track and access to trails. I don't know if they would rent it for a trike get together or not.I haven't renewed my membership in a couple years.
    250r rules

--
    OK here is the scoop on riding Tug Hill.

Firstly, several townships in Lewis County have opened dozens of gravel roads to ATV use provided your machine is registered and you carry NYS minimum required liability insurance.

Secondly, there are Lewis county permit trails that run on Lewis County owned forest lands and privately owned land that you must have a Lewis County trail pass on your machine to ride. Some of these trails are more than just loops in county forest lands, they connect to other riding areas. For example, if you were to ride from the plateau where Monatgue, Flat Rock, Barnes Corners, Timberview and most of the open gravel roads are and go to Brantingham where there is a large amount of Lewis County trails to ride, the connecting trail requires the permit.

You can get your trail permits here: http://www.lewiscountychamber.org/permitpost.php?pid=57

Note: You must have a valid and current registration on your machine to ride the permit trails as well.

To sum up: You can legally ride public gravel roads that are open to ATV use with just a registration and insurance. To ride the Lewis County trails you must have that plus the Lewis County permit for each machine. Also, helmet use is mandatory on all roads and trails.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //