//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 200x vs ATC 185 race

--

200x vs ATC 185 race

I'm going to race my buddys 200x with my 185 and I'm wondering what one will be faster. The race is just for the heck of it and I know there are a few differences between the two bikes. It's going to be a drag race on flat ground. I would think that both bikes would have a similar top speed, but the 200x would get there faster.

My 185 has a DG exhaust on it other then that it is stock.

The 200x is all stock and I know when he built the engine he did not lap the valves.

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    My money is on the 200x.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

--
    I'd probably put a good sum of money on the 200x. I think the overall gearing on the 185 is lower so maybe it holds its own on the holeshot but then flattens out. Good luck. Regardless of who wins you should swap bikes and do it again. See if it was rider or ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dman10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    200x all the way. That's like racing a sports car against my truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by tri again View Post
    Cool stuff seems to happen when I'm sleeping.
    Nice to know things happen without me.

plevib is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    200x will walk all over it. Real clutch! Smaller tires and better gearing. It'll get the holeshot and walk away from it the hole race if you guys are anywhere close to similar skill level

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Atc 500x for the win! (Hopefully.... one day)

--
    I think this is your only chance of beating the 200x.
    https://www.summitracing.com/search/...itrous-systems

--
    A 200X SHOULD win every time, but...
    I bought a 185s new in 1982. It eventually ended up with full suspension and a Bill's pipe to clear it but otherwise stock engine & carb. I ran the old Nankang knobbies - shorter and stiffer than the stock Ohtsus because I like the way they handled better.
    That S always ran strong, even when stock. Like it was put together with all the tolerances on the good end of the spec. Always stronger than my best friend's 81.
    It would beat stock 200Xs consistently. Not "walk" them but it would stay in front of them.
    I do think it was the exception to the rule. Maybe the Xs we had were on the other end of the spec?
    I know that Bill's pipe helped and it should not have done what it did.
    That was a great trike.

--
    Even when "stock", the 185's do wake up A LOT with just a good flowing intake and exhaust.

--
    I guess I'll wait and see what happens I was thinking the 200x would win hands down, but both bikes have similar top speed.

--
    Granted, it's a 1980, the first year, but my 185 is geared WAY lower than my 200x was. Maybe yours is geared up? What kind of race are you talking? Drag race on distance?

--
    I think the gearing is lower then the 200x. I don't know what kind of race we will do, mabe try a few different ones out.

--
    Well now we all want to know what happens.

--
    When is the big day?

--
    I'm not going to leave you guys in the dark on what happens. I haven't had time to fix the carb issue on the 185 yet. The fuel/air mix is way off. The new mikuni carb is causing me more issues then its worth.

--
    I know. Put the Mikuni on the 200x and use that carb on your 185. Absolutely guaranteed to win!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //