//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 1983 yamaha tri moto 225dx project

--
    Quote Originally Posted by IIIhellbillyIII View Post
    The top end gasket kit came in on Thursday so I'm hoping to have it together this weekend

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk
    Its been awhile and I still having had time to work on the 3 wheeler because of work, family, and working on my warrior, but I did figure out with some modifications I can use the rear plastics from a warrior on my 225.

--
    SWEEET! What mods did you have to do to get them to work?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    SWEEET! What mods did you have to do to get them to work?
    I didn't modify my rear fender I'm going to find another set's but pretty simple just drill some new holes and make some brackets and have to modify the seat I will get pics after work. The plastics for the gas tank almost line up perfect.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Is there any way you could make a thread on just the fender mod? I can already see that we have 2 DX's in the family that will eventually get them. Awesome stuff.
    I will when I get another rear fender, it involves cutting out the warrior battery box and I only have one rear fender lol

--
    I'm also looking forward to it. I may do the same thing to mine.

--
    I just picked this up for $120

Its a 84 200 chain drive.

--
    Well another project. Good for you! we all need something to keep us out of trouble.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    Well another project. Good for you! we all need something to keep us out of trouble.
    I have a 200 motor with reverse and the shaft and rear axle. I was wondering if it was possible to convert it to shaft drive ?

--
    You'd have to look at them close to see if it looks like it would work. I can't say either way. I'm sure you could make it work, it's just how involved do you want to get? A cutting wheel and a welder will make almost anything fit just about anywhere. At just a guess, I'd have to think that it would be a relatively simple job. It's hard to believe that they would design a completely different trike just to turn a chain drive to a shaft drive.

--
    I decided to sell the 200 and concentrate on the 225dx.

The motor is rebuilt and in but I'm missing electronics and the wire harness is chopped up in 4 pieces so I need to find all that stuff, plus I'm missing the cover on the side of the engine where the pull cord would be. It now has rear hubs and wheels and handlebars from a 99 warrior that I bought recently.

I don't like the big front tire on the front so I'm also looking for a way to modify one of the warrior front tire/wheel to fit it or but one that's made for the 3 wheeler. Any ideas ???

--
    Some people use a Tri-Z front end.

--
    I just ordered a wireing harness and a new carb today. I still can't find a cover for the left side of the motor, any idea of where I could get one ?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //