//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Honda 350x left side case plugs

--

Honda 350x left side case plugs

This was a bad design Honda

So I had to re adjust my valves last week and my inspection plus disintegrated when I tried to loosen it.
    I did a quick search for replacements here couldn't find anything so I pulled my 400ex plugs out and they fit perfect. Ordered some with new o rings and here we go. Of course for the restoration crew this is blasphemy. For the modders and riders, cheap (about 26$ ) and easily available. If this has been posted before I couldn't find it and I apologize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Completely agree. So hard to get the stockers out without buggering them.

The EX plugs are much better!

--
    Great info. Thanks for sharing.
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

Fabiodriven- cereal goes in first, then milk.
    I’ve got an 8” Grip on a 10” turd... Kyle Kiser

--
    new bikes have those same stupid plugs. My 2015 crf250l has them for the crank bolt and tdc. What a dumb idea honda!!!!! I had to use a big enough screwdriver and hit it with a to "jarr" it loose to not strip it. Now this was a nearly new bike, how?????? The rear sprocket bolts seamed to be made of cheese, 2 of them stripped the head when holding the 6mm allen and trying to loosen the 17mm nut on the back, I ended up having to bang a big enough torx bit in the allens to grab them enough to remove them, WHY HONDA??????? I didn't have such problems on any of my trikes or quads, nor my previous honda dirtbike and current ktm dirtbikes.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by deathman53 View Post
    new bikes have those same stupid plugs. My 2015 crf250l has them for the crank bolt and tdc. What a dumb idea honda!!!!! I had to use a big enough screwdriver and hit it with a to "jarr" it loose to not strip it. Now this was a nearly new bike, how?????? The rear sprocket bolts seamed to be made of cheese, 2 of them stripped the head when holding the 6mm allen and trying to loosen the 17mm nut on the back, I ended up having to bang a big enough torx bit in the allens to grab them enough to remove them, WHY HONDA??????? I didn't have such problems on any of my trikes or quads, nor my previous honda dirtbike and current ktm dirtbikes.
    Yeah that's what these are for on a 350x , that's how I shattered my TDC plug. Tapped it with a screwdriver and a small ball peen . Broke instantly. It did loosen it at least. First time I ever had em off. Some had already boogered em up before I got the bike. 400ex ones work and look great. Also cheap and still OEM Honda.

--
    Thanks for the tip!

--
    I see they are all the same size plug diameter, but have a different part number. Could this mean that the 400ex ones will work on my 86 200x and 2015 crf250l? anybody know for sure? I can check to see of the plugs will work on the crf250l from the 86 200x.

--
    I would bet they fit the 200x. Check the o ring part numbers and diameters. If the same I'd almost put money the plugs are identical. On the 350 and 400ex the o ring part numbers were even the same.

--
    yeah, 86 200x plugs are identical the 400ex, xr250r, xr400r plugs and fit the crf250l. The timing plug is a perfect fit, but the crank bolt plug is too short for crf250l, I am gonna try one from a 05 crf450r.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //