//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Works shocks

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --

Works shocks

Anybody running Works shocks? Anybody have any experience with them?

Looking for a quality shock for a backup/spare type machine, so I don't really need the custom set up of the Racetech shock, but I want rebuildability which isn't available with other shocks like Progressive.

Thanks Guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    I have one on my tri z. The quality of the unit from the outside looks nice enough, but the body/piston is very small. I believe they use some sort of ball, or valve instead of shims and it makes a lot of noise when you work the suspension with the engine off.

There is no extra cost to get a custom Works shock as far as I know. You just call them up, tell them what you need and they build it.

This said, if I had to get another aftermarket shock I would look at Elka, Marzochi, Ohlins or WP as well, but depending on what bike you own options may be limited.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    I have one on my tri z. The quality of the unit from the outside looks nice enough, but the body/piston is very small. I believe they use some sort of ball, or valve instead of shims and it makes a lot of noise when you work the suspension with the engine off.

There is no extra cost to get a custom Works shock as far as I know. You just call them up, tell them what you need and they build it.

This said, if I had to get another aftermarket shock I would look at Elka, Marzochi, Ohlins or WP as well, but depending on what bike you own options may be limited.
    Don't forget PEP
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    I heard something on one of the fb groups that Works was closed. Not sure if for good or temporarily because of a flood.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    I was partially sponsored by Works when I "unretired" and raced Vintage MX. At that time, you gave them your general bike specs and rider weight and type of use etc and they would custom valve and spring the shock. If it was not quite how you wanted it, they would revalve and/or respring it one time for free. If you wanted it changed again they would charge you. I don't know what the current policy is but I just called them a few minutes ago and left a message, so if I get any info I will post it.

As far as performance goes, they worked quite decent but faded a little near the end of some of the longer races, however, I was in the Expert/Pro class so some fading is common with most any shock in that class.

As El Camexican mentioned, they use a spring and check ball system. Theirs is a 3 stage system in which they can adjust the low, mid, and high speed damping separately to some degree.

When I used them they did not have adjustable damping like they do now which is an xlnt feature to have and I suggest you get it if there is a choice on the particular shock you need.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

--
    I have a Works on my 87 200X and I believe it was 800$.

I paid an extra 100$ to get compression damping as the person I spoke with claimed that was not an option for that model; Rather just rebound damping. I asked to speak to someone in engineering and they just used a different reservoir and added 100$ to the aforementioned cost.

I've had the rear kick up too fast or other issues and a couple clicks fixed the issues at the different tracks.

You asked about "Works" but I will add that the AXIS shock (with every option) on my 350X MX trike seems amazing to an average guy like me.

It seems that most brands can be built well to work for you. My buddy did deal with Race Tech and their service wasn't too great (in his case) and his rebound damping still seems off to me but WIDK....

Even just your stock 30 year po-go stick getting a cleaning, oil change, and proper spring for you is well worth the cost.

The difference may be that it's harder to find good stuff to even send in as a core these days.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I have works black widow / G3 hybrids on the front of my 400ex ,19.25 " triple spring compression and rebound adjustable remote reservoirs. I love them. Rear shock is stock with a race tech spring and get thunder drag link and bike flys through anything. When I ordered mine many years ago they were very helpful. I've since switched to race tech but the product is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    These would be going on a 1976 Harley FLH Electra Glide. I posted here because of more traffic and I figured if they are good on wheelers (of any kind) they would be fine on the Hog.

Still haven't decided on RaceTech or Works. Price is close, but don't need a special build. This will be an all around bike. I'll ride it, the wife will ride it, if a friend wants to go he or she will ride it, so a generic/middle of the road build would be fine, then all I have to do is adjust the preload.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    I have a works shock if any one needs one! Ol Deuce
    DO the Best With What you got !

My Feed back :cool

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //