//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RC truck?? Hobby TOY Advice??

--
    Thanks for all the great replies guys!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

xrider is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Go oldschool DC with one of the re-run 80s models from Tamiya. I'm building a Tamiya Hotshot myself

--
    Quote Originally Posted by xrider View Post
    Go oldschool DC with one of the re-run 80s models from Tamiya. I'm building a Tamiya Hotshot myself
    Great idea!

I keep talking myself out of a Sand Scorcher. Every few months I get the urge to blow the $$$ on one.
    They're fun to build and look great. We had a few originals in the 80s. If only I had the sense to hold on to them and the Bruiser I had. I still have the ground frequency 4 channel radio it needed.

My Stampede is much better for playing and bashing about, though.

--
    Can't go wrong with Traxxas, although like you say, it sure gets pricey.

If you ever want to speed test your RC, don't do what I did!! I almost had mine ran over by a freakin' tractor lmao!!

--
    Great video. I enjoyed that thoroughly.

--
    Rc cars all depend on what terrain and what you want to do with it. If your real mechanical, I'd go nitro. Modern day electrics are amazing, but for an rc truck I pick nitro. My planes are all electric. Truck is gas, If your running on ruff terrain you can't beat a t or e-max. Most hobby shops have demo models, I would start there. My current haul everywhere with me is my 1/16 revo with brushless motor and a big Lipo. If you buy electric, don't get anything but brushless imo

--
    Nitro is a tinker's toy that's for sure. If I were to buy any more gas cars it would be the I think 5th scale with the weed eater motors on them cause gas is way cheaper and you arnt buying 7 dollar glow plugs all the time
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    It's a good beginner truck. I have the 2wd stampede with the velenion which is very fast. My buddy's kid had one with the xl-5, which goes pretty good. Personally I think the short course trucks are better. They didn't have those when I bought my stampede. Mine originally came with a mechanical speed control and nimh batteries. Pretty slow and batteries only lasted 10-20 minutes. My brother just bought a new short course truck for around $200. I will ask him which one it is. Watched him and his kids bashing it at the skate park. Pretty cool.

I just text my brother. He said it is called the Hellion.

I also looked at this too. I think it would be a better option than the Hellion.https://www.ebay.com/i/201048261083?...D1279955273902
    Last edited by x-rider; 08-09-2017 at 10:49 PM.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"
    81 DG 250r : Sold

HondaRidr is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I say do it right the first time and go brushless. The xl-5/titan combo is ok but brushless is worth the money

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaRidr View Post
    I say do it right the first time and go brushless. The xl-5/titan combo is ok but brushless is worth the money

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Nailed it. The price difference isn't small but it's worth it.

I love my brushless 2WD Stampede. Amazing how fast it is compared to the stuff I ran 20 years ago.
    I don't even us LiPo batteries.

I prefer big-tire (Stampede) vs small tire (Slash) versions of the same trucks.
    Better for bashing around the yard. Tolerate grass, rough terrain, etc much better.
    We figured this out when the first Blackfoot came out years ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-1-10...item542f80073d

--
    Money doesn't really drive me at all; I guess that's because I'm okay in that area.

However, I do want the best bang for my buck and I too believe in "do it once and do it right".

Who would want 4WD? someone that puts it in the mud??

I'll be building a mini track out somewhere on my trike track to play on. Big jumps, double jumps, step ups and so on.

It's got to be tough!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Money doesn't really drive me at all; I guess that's because I'm okay in that area.

However, I do want the best bang for my buck and I too believe in "do it once and do it right".

Who would want 4WD? someone that puts it in the mud??

I'll be building a mini track out somewhere on my trike track to play on. Big jumps, double jumps, step ups and so on.

It's got to be tough!!
    EDIT - I guess no one cares for the gas engines??

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    EDIT - I guess no one cares for the gas engines??
    Read my first response. Gas imo is the way to go. It seemed as though you wanted electric?
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"
    81 DG 250r : Sold

--
    May not help you steve- i had this guy since early eighties ran it for two years, more power/speed u could ever ask for, then hit the only light pole in a 5acre parking lot....parked it went electric and the power/speed had NO comparison to the ol' gasser. Sadly from sittin the motors locked up
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	2.17 MB 
ID:	245602 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	245603
    Going gas gets my vote but electrics have come along way im sure.
    Shep

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //