//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RC truck?? Hobby TOY Advice??

--

RC truck?? Hobby TOY Advice??

I'm still just at kid at heart and I'd like a new toy. I'd like to have a radio controlled truck that's fast, holds a charge (or propels itself otherwise??) and holds up well.

Looking for something I can beat the crap outta on my MX track jumps (Maybe I'll make a little course for one). But, like everything else, there are so many choices, opinions and articles I just spent all night reading.

I found the "Best truck for your bucks on Amazon"; It turned out to be a 800$ RC truck That's allot more than I want to spend. Do you have to buy a TRAXXAS to have anything any good?

There are bodies and motors and chargers and types of batteries or chargers and other mind boggling options.

So since 3 wheeler people are usually great people , I figured I'd ask for some opinions here before I jump.

New hobby of sorts, pass some time away. "I just need a new toy"!! Good bang for my bucks...

Thanks for any comments
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

125Mmadness is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Well, I have dabbled in the RC world and for what you want i'd say a traxxas slash brushless model. they come in 2 and 4wd and a 4wd model with lipo battery and charger should be around $525-550.
    1985 ATC125M: Parts
    1985 ATC200S: 84 200S Bottem end, 200x Head, 200x Carb, S&S Cycle Exhaust, Wiseco 10.25:1 Piston, Reground Cam with About 1mm more lift(unknown specs).
    1988 TRX250X
    1983 ATC200E: Total Pile.

"Bout Tree Fiddy" Master of Thy 22RE

--
    Hopefully HostileRob sees this, he's an expert in the field of RC
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    I bought my Son and his friend and I electrics 10? years ago. The batteries were USELESS, 6 Fn minutes.. The trucks were not brushless,was gonna go that way,but the batteries completely sucked . John Neary is a pro racer with these Steve.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    We have/had nitro r/c trucks they are a money pit BUT are fun sound of the engines and the smell of the fuel. I have a revo and there are some t-maxs here too. It seems like every time you get them out it will cost you about $20 in parts or fuel. If you want any nitro truck let me know I know where are some that are for sale.
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    I bought a Traxxas 2WD Brushless Stampede off Craigslist for $200 a few years back.
    It's been a lot of fun and very reliable.
    Easy to get parts and upgrades for if/when needed.
    It was an impulse buy but they're much more $$ new and it was a good deal.
    I ran a bunch of Tamiya trucks and buggies 25 years ago.
    The Traxxas trucks are better.

--
    Yea the new R/C trucks are a lot stronger than the old Tamiya trucks I have a Blackfoot truck and the traxxas truck take way more abuse than the old one ever would. Brushless are fun and quick
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    I had a T-Maxx 2.5 years back. It was a TON of fun and pretty reliable for backyard bashing around. Still kicking myself for selling it. If I were to get back into it I would go Nitro again. My son bought a Traxxas Slash 2wd brushed and it seems pretty good for him... I like Nitro, 4x4, monster truck that will top 40mph. LOL!

You can get a new T-Maxx 2.5 for under $500 and all you need is batteries for the radio equipment and EZ-Start wand, and fuel. There are package deals out there that include a rechargeable battery pack for the truck, TX and EZ-Start too I believe, you literally just need to buy fuel.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

Onetrackmind is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    My son has a Traxxas 2WD Slash and it's great. We recently upgraded to the brushless motor and it's a night and day power difference. So much torque now that he blew two ujoints out in the first week. Upgraded to the titanium CVT-type rear axles...they are bulletproof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Traxass, Duratrax, and Axial are some of the big names you should be looking for. Not necessarily in that order. You will lose money if you buy brand new. It is better if you buy used. Go look at your local hobby store to see what you like. Check out the prices. Check out your local Craigslist for anything for sell. Most likely you can get the same for cheaper. They might even have upgrades and extra goodies. Good luck. Let us know what you get. Might even be able to find a good gasser HPI Baja or 5t for cheap.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"
    81 DG 250r : Sold

--
    HPI has some good stuff too. Savage.

Stay away from no name brands as parts are hard to get.

Do you want electric or nitro? Both have pros and cons. I have both. Battery technology has come a long way.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Also forgot to mention Losi.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"
    81 DG 250r : Sold

--
    Like all toys, it depends on your plans for usage. Lots of fun when played with others, my son his friends and I all have several different models, no nitro but all battery powered except are 1/5th scale weed wacker 2 stroke gas powered trucks. We run ours in the sand at Glamis, setting in camp drinking beer, the gas powered models run for a lot longer time than batteries and don't need charged..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06813.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	245326 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1865.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	925.1 KB 
ID:	245327 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1878.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	756.2 KB 
ID:	245328 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1900.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	808.5 KB 
ID:	245329

"HJ" Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldfogey.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	245330
    ’84 YT60
    ’85 350x (423cc) with ’81 XL500 head conversion
    ’83 XR500 (628cc) converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’73 CB750 K3 converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’86 TRX250R chassis XR650L engine hybrid
    ’89 TRX250R (stock )
    ’90 LT500 Quadzilla
    ’85 FL350 Odysses ( water cooled head )
    Lost (sold) but not forgotten ’80 ATC 110 (205cc on alcohol ) ’83 200x ( 222cc ) ’83 200x ( 185s eng ) ’85 350x ( stock )
    added to the collection recently, (2) '70 US90 Aquarius Blue and '74 ATC90 Daytona Orange

--
    Quote Originally Posted by x-rider View Post
    Traxass, Duratrax, and Axial are some of the big names you should be looking for. Not necessarily in that order. You will lose money if you buy brand new. It is better if you buy used. Go look at your local hobby store to see what you like. Check out the prices. Check out your local Craigslist for anything for sell. Most likely you can get the same for cheaper. They might even have upgrades and extra goodies. Good luck. Let us know what you get. Might even be able to find a good gasser HPI Baja or 5t for cheap.
    Piggy-backing on x-rider's post, check out Facebook for RC buy/sell/trade groups too. I am on a couple and there are some really good deals in those groups.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

HondaRidr is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Stampedes are hard to beat for simplicity and toughness imo

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //