//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 85 r

--
    Yeah man she ended up in the back of the ole dodge ram for the ride home. The fella.selling hsr was an older gsnt who wasnt into or knowing much about these things. He was very nice and we even chatted fpra few hrs about riding and the current life in the ole USA lol. She is now in my garage and parts have been ordered.

--
    Yeah man she ended up in the back of the ole dodge ram for the ride home. The fella.selling hsr was an older gsnt who wasnt into or knowing much about these things. He was very nice and we even chatted fpra few hrs about riding and the current life in the ole USA lol. She is now in my garage and parts have been ordered.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170730_220324.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	245379  

Onetrackmind is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Excellent! Enjoy her! Looks like she already has a nice stablemate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--
    That basically looks like my 86 R when I first brought it home. I had never done a tear down and was a bit apprehensive, so it sat in my garage untouched for 6 months. Once I started tearing it down, that's when the money started draining from my account. Had every piece of metal sand blasted and powder coated, ordered all new Maier fenders, tank shroud and headlight bezel. Found a NOS tank, took the motor to a small motor mechanic to be rebuilt, then sandblasted and powder coated. Then started ordering more parts, exhaust system, new brake cables, fuel lines, brake lines, tires, wiring harnesses, fork boot covers, decals, seat cover, etc. Three years later, I figure I've dropped close to $5k into it...and I only ride it once or twice a year...lol
    Real men ride trikes!

--
    Lucky me the local media blasti g place also does very nice powder coating. Called them and they quoted me 190 for the blast and powder coating. So far no leaks other then fuel if left on but that seems to be the 2 stroke way. Already ordered a new set of ITP A6 pros in 8 x 8.5, 2 in rim spacers, new axle bearings from all balls, new rear hubs, new msr front brakes. Just a start. Bearings are still good as are hubs but lessons learned always have a spare when riding a 3 wheeler. Guess the next thing is to order a new swingarm bolt, have the front forks rebuilt because they are in need of it. Just gnna ride her the way she sits for now. Winter time is when the make her pretty starts i reckon. Same with the 84 R. Gonna ride it, then hopefully get to swapping in my cr480r engine.

--
    It has some old answer exhaust on the rear. Not sure what model it is.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //