//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 250SX HID / Halogen

--

250SX HID / Halogen

Hey guys,

Picked up trike #2 - '85 250sx and have stripped it down to the frame and am painting my way back...

Meanwhile, trying to determine the best way to keep the stock look / housing, but get real bright out of that unit. I have seen a couple of posts that indicate there is a way to do this with HID/Halogen but no actual details..

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...80#post1298980

Anyone know if there is a bulb replacement that will do much, or do you find different headlight unit+lamp that fits in the housing ?

so important to see at night Thanks!

--
    You may be able to find a LED replacement. Your stock stator probably doesn't put out enough power to run HID's.

--
    Shoot sorry I meant LED not HID

Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    You may be able to find a LED replacement. Your stock stator probably doesn't put out enough power to run HID's.

--
    Big difference. I like the ones I put on my YTM225. My experience is that they really light up everything close by, but don't have a long range. It may be because mine were cheap ones. Either way, I'm fine with it. I know I'm just cruising the trails on a utility trike, not blazing the dunes on a 250R. My lights.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	245351 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	245352 Not a great picture, but I hope you get the idea.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	245353 On the trail.

--
    Yeah being able to see is very important! I'm playing around with a 12" LED right now that will go above the stock headlight because I love the look of it.. haven't quite figured out the mounting yet but i think it should work, something like this:

--
    Looks good. You will really be able to see better at night.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //