//ArrowChat Code

Thread: First three wheeler / 1984 ytm 225 Dx

--

First three wheeler / 1984 ytm 225 Dx

I just purchased my first three wheeler that I am going to restore. I havnt had it very long and let me say I am already hooked on three wheelers. It is a 1984 ytm 225 dx. It had some broken plastics and a few missing pieces but I have already replaced those or know where I can get them. It is going to need some carberator work but after that it is going to be mostly Restoration. I have been browsing these forums over the past few weeks and have already found a few answers to the questions I have but many of the answers were from old posts so I will just post my questions here and see if anything new or better has come up.

1. What are everyone's recomondations on restoring plastics? I have read everywhere from wet sanding with fine sand paper then buffing to just using plastic restoring compound.

2. What is the best way to redo the wheels? They are pretty rusted. Again I have read sanding and polishing to Coke and aluminum foil.

3. Lastly, I am from PA and I am looking to get a title for it so it can be registered. A bill of sale will be no problem. The individual I got the three wheeler off of owned it as a kid and her family was the origional owner.

Thank you in advance.

--
    Darn. I was hoping there was a magic spray that brings it all back to normal . Guess I will have to start sanding and go to one of the worst places on earth, the PA DMV!!! Thanks for the advice.

--
    There is a magic spray. It's called Elbow Grease! lol. These are good trail trikes as long as you don't plan to race in your local Hare Scramble with them. I do really enjoy mine. If you need or want to replace the tires, that's the perfect time for the rims.

--
    The tires on it are actually almost new so I will be doing them with the tires on. My favorite type of riding is trail riding so hopefully i will enjoy it.

--
    I have access to an large enough air compressor but I have never really messed with media blasting. Are there any products that are recommended ? Any to watch out for and stay away from? I don't want to invest a lot of money into a media blasting system but I also want to restore the three wheeler properly. Thanks.

--
    Maybe you should check into having a local body shop do it for you. If they won't do it, maybe they could suggest someone who could.

--
    I will most likely have too. I just remembered I have a buddy who owns a machine shop. I just sent him a message to see if they have one. I am hoping so.

Also, when sanding the plastics is it recommended to wet sand or dry sand it? Or does it not even matter?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //