//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 200x master cylinder

--

200x master cylinder

So I got a 1984 200x a few weeks ago and it doesn't have any brakes that work. I pulled the master cylinder off and I was going to clean it and rebuild it. Well after I took the circlip off to get to the piston to take it out it is so rusted in that part that I cannot get the circular plate off to get to the inside. I there any advice on how to get it off? Also is there any cheaper master cylinder from something else that will just bolt in because all the ones that are on ebay are 100+.

Thanks.

--
    Chuck up the master in a vice with soft jaws. Use a MAPP or butane torch and heat the crap out of it. Tap around the circular plate with a pic/ and work the plunger in and out till it pops out. Getting the circlip out is the hardest part.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Ok. I have put it in the ultrasonic cleaner that I have to try to get some of the junk off of it to see if it helps any at all. The circlip was rusted in there and was tough to get out but the circular plate hasn't budged at all. I will try to do what you said when I look at it next. If it doesn't come free is there any other master cylinder that bolts up that is cheaper that the ones that are on ebay.

Thanks

--
    anything works, its just a master cylinder. i always put something newer on with in the last 4-5 years...then put asv lever on it it for crash boom bang.

--
    Are you talking about the rear master?........cause I remember seeing many front that are not too costly on ebay.

What I like to do is let the entire master assembly sit in wd40 or blaster or seafoam. ...for me usually wd40.....then after a few days a slam it to the ground in a controlled slam and see if it nudges things out. Usually it does.

I had a nasty one on my 200 that looked horrible but came out and cleaned up and rebuilt. Also a little phosphoric acid helps dislodge some of the rust and crud and stuff.

Good luck

--
    I put a yfz450 one my rear once.

--
    After you remove the snap ring thread the end of a grease gun into the banjo bolt and force the piston out , works every time for me .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    So an update on the master cylinder. I got the circular plate off last night by clamping the master cylinder to a table and pulling the crap out it. The problem is the piston is stuck in the master cylinder. Any advice on how to get it out? I saw a post where people drilled it out but I am nervous about do that.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin T View Post
    So an update on the master cylinder. I got the circular plate off last night by clamping the master cylinder to a table and pulling the crap out it. The problem is the piston is stuck in the master cylinder. Any advice on how to get it out? I saw a post where people drilled it out but I am nervous about do that.
    read the post from shortline.....#7
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    If it's just stuck in by crud from the old brake fluid, you may be able to get it loose using brake cleaner.

--
    Does anyone know the distance between the two mounting holes that hold the rear master cylinder to the frame?

--
    Again read post #7. That will work on your next step on getting the piston out too.

I am not going to lie. I redid mine and did the drill the piston out in the center. Put a screw into it and pryed on the head of the screw against the outer body using 2 screw drivers... Yes I did the heat method but not the grease thing.

I would try and rebuild your OEM unit. The aftermarket. (Chinese) will work with a bit of clearancing the holes. Problem with this is the bores are different and you may have to push farther down on the pedal to get the same result. Also you get away from the OEM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //