//ArrowChat Code

Thread: One way bearing or clutch? Or both?

--

One way bearing or clutch? Or both?

This is on my 84 atc 200s. When I shut down the machine I can hear it keep spinning for a few seconds and doesn't sound good, like bearing noise. So I assume the bearing is gone. But another issue I'm having is when I'm coasting down a hill in 1st cause I have no brakes it seems to pick up speed as if it were in neutral. I have to give it a little shot then the compression will start slowing me down again. Which is kinda scary cause we ride in the rocky mountains.. would this issue be one way bearing or a clutch? The main clutch grabs hard and has never slipped.

--
    Def clutch bearing. Ebay should be your cheapest route. I haven't heard any bad things about them,but OE is always perfect.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc007 View Post
    Def clutch bearing. Ebay should be your cheapest route. I haven't heard any bad things about them,but OE is always perfect.
    Thanks. Any special tools needed? I have another engine I was thinking about taking one out of. I have already stole other parts from it and it's on my work bench. Everything worked properly and it ran fine.

--
    No matter what you do with the clutch bearing, you NEED to have brakes, especially riding in the mountains.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    No matter what you do with the clutch bearing, you NEED to have brakes, especially riding in the mountains.
    Haha yea I know. I wish I had em but I've been having a hard time finding a brake drum in good condition. For the big hills I hook a strap to my girlfriends quad lol

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Grmpy View Post
    Haha yea I know. I wish I had em but I've been having a hard time finding a brake drum in good condition. For the big hills I hook a strap to my girlfriends quad lol
    Especially in Maclean Creek! Those hills are brutal. Lived in Cowtown from 86-92 and Maclean Creek and Ghost Wilderness were my weekend riding spots. I wish there was a way to reline the steel in a drum, like a spray weld then machining or something of the sorts? Maybe you can get your shoes relined oversize?
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Quote Originally Posted by coolpool View Post
    Especially in Maclean Creek! Those hills are brutal. Lived in Cowtown from 86-92 and Maclean Creek and Ghost Wilderness were my weekend riding spots. I wish there was a way to reline the steel in a drum, like a spray weld then machining or something of the sorts? Maybe you can get your shoes relined oversize?
    Those are my two spots. I've never really looked into getting a drum re-lined, maybe oversize shoes. I also thought about welding some plate on the small part that rotates which presses the shoes out. Maybe someday I'll play with it. I'm so used to not having brakes though lol

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //