//ArrowChat Code

Thread: YTM 225 Carberator

--

YTM 225 Carberator

My 1984 ytm 225 is running lean so I am rebuilding the carberator. After I took the bowl off I seen the float pin was sticking. I took the float off and the pin was not connected to the float. The guide I have says that the pin should be connected to the float. I know the pin is not the correct one becomes the person I bought it off of said it was not. However, the float looks like it is just designed to push the pin up and let it fall. I see no way for the pin to attach too the float. Should the pin actually connect to the float? Thanks.

125Mmadness is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    By pin I assume you mean needle and yes I'm pretty sure the needle and float are supposed to be connected there should be a loop of metal on the end of the needle that hooks it to the float
    Here is a rebuild kit with everything http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-YTM22...lV8elZ&vxp=mtr
    1985 ATC125M: Parts
    1985 ATC200S: 84 200S Bottem end, 200x Head, 200x Carb, S&S Cycle Exhaust, Wiseco 10.25:1 Piston, Reground Cam with About 1mm more lift(unknown specs).
    1988 TRX250X
    1983 ATC200E: Total Pile.

"Bout Tree Fiddy" Master of Thy 22RE

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    post a photo.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

--
    I will see if I can get a few clear pictures tommorow after work. The float valve needle has no loop on it but I can see how you woul loop it over the float.

Also, there is supposed to be a plastic cover on the main jet and mine is missing. What is the purpose of this cover and is it necessary?

--
    The needle does loop over the float. bending the tab that it loops over is how you adjust your float height. I don't remember what the plastic cover is for, but they will run just fine without it.

--
    Also, the petcock was complete trash so I ordered one from eBay. It fits and it isn't leaking however there are a few differences from the one I took off. First the metal tube and the plastic filter looking tube were on opposite sides. Second, it hangs down lower then the one that was on it so the hose is closer to the engine. The hose does have the spring on it for the heat. Are either if these difference going to cause an issue?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach-10 View Post
    Also, the petcock was complete trash so I ordered one from eBay. It fits and it isn't leaking however there are a few differences from the one I took off. First the metal tube and the plastic filter looking tube were on opposite sides. Second, it hangs down lower then the one that was on it so the hose is closer to the engine. The hose does have the spring on it for the heat. Are either if these difference going to cause an issue?
    My petcock only worked on the 250r on reserve, so I sprayed carby cleaner in it and used a 120psi air compressor and it works fine now, maybe try that with your old petcock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Sadly there is no saving the one that was on it. It looked like it was run over by a truck ��. That's why I was wondering if the one I got would work or if I have to get another one.

--
    I took my carberator apart and cleaned it. I replaced the o-rings and seal. I replaced the needle valve set. The float does not appear to me sticking at all. But when I turn the gas on it flows out both over flow tubes. Any ideas?

Also, when the motor shuts off there is a bubbling sound coming from either the top of the motor or the carberator. I cannot pin point what one. Would this be from it flooding or do I have another problem ? Thanks.
    Last edited by Mach-10; 08-26-2017 at 04:50 PM.

--
    Maybe the float level is set too high. Try lowering it a little.

--
    Took me awhile to get around to it but I lowered the tab and it runs great now. Easy to start and stays running

--
    Good to hear.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //