//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 200s clutch slipping

--

200s clutch slipping

My new to me 200s has been slipping the clutch but only on shifts. Holds no problem in all gears otherwise. I ordered new frictions steels and springs, should I replace the centrifugal clutch shoes while I'm in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

125Mmadness is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    If it only slips on shifts I would say no. In my experience when the centrifugal is bad it will slip on take off and when you try to accelerate hard. Did you try adjusting the clutch before you bought the parts?
    1985 ATC125M: Parts
    1985 ATC200S: 84 200S Bottem end, 200x Head, 200x Carb, S&S Cycle Exhaust, Wiseco 10.25:1 Piston, Reground Cam with About 1mm more lift(unknown specs).
    1988 TRX250X
    1983 ATC200E: Total Pile.

"Bout Tree Fiddy" Master of Thy 22RE

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 125Mmadness View Post
    If it only slips on shifts I would say no. In my experience when the centrifugal is bad it will slip on take off and when you try to accelerate hard. Did you try adjusting the clutch before you bought the parts?
    Yes that was my first move. Didn't make too much of a difference. Also thinking it probably hasn't had atv specific oil in it ever. I'm sure that isn't helping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //