//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Beefs & Bouquets

--

Beefs & Bouquets

Title is from a radio show back in the day. Add here as you see fit, I’m starting with a beef…

I was on the road for the past 5 days. Wife calls on day one to say the washing machine won’t fill. I tell her to call Whirlpool and get an authorized guy in to evaluate it as it’s only about a year off warrantee.

She calls me the next day to say the guy is there, has the machine apart and wants the equivalent of $200 USD to change the water valve that he “thinks” isn’t working. Sounded fishy, so I told her to wait a couple days till I get back and look at it, but that she should start looking for a new one now.

So she goes to Home Depot and is browsing when a Whirlpool rep starts trying to steer her towards their brand. She tells him we have a 3 year old unit that has been serviced a few times now and that we’re looking for a different brand. They get talking and she tells him what the Whirlpool authorized tech told her and the sales guy gets a perplexed look on his face. Tells her he’s never heard of that part failing and that usually the symptoms she described are due to a plugged water line as they have fine wire mesh filters in them.

So I get home, she tells me what he said, I pull the hoses and both are plugged solid. Cleaned them out and they flowed perfectly, so good to go, right? I hit the START button and nothing WTF?

Then the wife tells me that after she told the guy not to change the valve he put the cover back on the machine and left, but called her back 5 minutes after he left and offered to fix the machine for $40 less than his quote. Hummm…

Pulled the back of the machine off and sure enough a connector was unplugged from the START button. He did what any tech would do first and looked for flow, found the plugged filters and rather than clean them for the price of the service call tried to squeeze us for another $200. Whirlpool will be getting a call and photos tomorrow.

stoshu is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Good old CJOB

--
    Bullets are cheaper.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Damn, nice catch! I'd love to hear this phone conversation (assuming it's in English)
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Quote Originally Posted by stoshu View Post
    Good old CJOB
    Peter Warren on the air!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    Damn, nice catch! I'd love to hear this phone conversation (assuming it's in English)
    It won't be LOL! She didn't have time yesterday.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    Nothing, nada, zip, zero. Whoever was on the other end of the phone at Whirlpool's service center didn't even offer an apology, or thank her for the call. All they did was ask what our service number was and said they'd pass it on. Nothing will come of this and the next time the machine needs fixing I'll have to watch the prick like a hawk.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    That's really friggin disappointing Nico. I don't aim to insinuate they don't hold all of their techs to the same standard, but do you think it's because you're in Mexico?
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I have my widowed mother set up with appliance insurance. When something breaks the techs have no incentive to cheat her on repairs. Last month her washer quit, the cost of repair was nearly the cost of a new unit so the tech let her order a new machine from Maytag and delivered and installed it. A few months before that the house AC stopped working, compressor went out, They replaced that as well. It's been worth it to us as she lives over an hour away and we dont have to worry as much about one big expense at one time. Also the techs have little reason to do shady things and try to run up the bill.

--
    New world order. Finding someone who works, does their job with pride and loyalty is an almost dead art. Sadly,,,, when I run across them. I tip them. I almost never eat out,so I'm not talking about someone serving me a glass of water and slab of chicken and EXPECTING a tip.. I mean everyday hard working grunts,who would never in a million years venture to romanticize about a tip. They get a tip from me. I could fill this page with the complete and utter idiocracy I have dealt with attempting to help my brother for the last few weeks. State rep is involved and still nothing. Shame is, I get it. It is all these kind of people know... but a mechanic,,service tech doing this? To a woman? I'd have to high kick him. If I can't fix it, I go buy new at a discount. There are no less than 75 vendors that all like to sell appliances within an hour from here.I guess I automatically eliminate this lol.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //