//ArrowChat Code

View Poll Results: Do you really think a carb can be PROPERLY set up without putting it on the engine

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • YEs, Im that much of a newbie

1 16.67%
  • Yes, if they have ESP

0 0%
  • Not no, but _____ no

3 50.00%
  • Dang, man, thats impossible, its hard enough to get it right on a running engine

3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: CAVEAT EMPTOR ALERT Carburetor Parts Warehouse LIED TO ME

--

Cool CAVEAT EMPTOR ALERT Carburetor Parts Warehouse LIED TO ME

Geek is back. The Monster is about to come alive, and would BE alive if the carb I ordered and PAID for from the Carburetor Parts Warehouse had been shipped as promised.

It wasnt. CWP PROMISED TO SHIP IT THEN DIDNT.

How am I supposed to bring Frankenstein back to life and run it up a tree without a carb?

A month ago, I called Sudco and they said they were waiting for carbs from Japan, and that I had to call THEM back in August to see what availability was?

Me have to call THEM? Thats inexcusable Customer Service. I guess they dont want to sell carbs?

I called CPW to order a PWK 38, manifold, reeds, cable, filter. They said "sure" and made claims of "weve done this for 26 years"

OK so I paid for the items and heard nothing for a couple weeks so I called.

They had decided that they were going to change jets and tune the carb, although I had not asked them to do so and didnt WANT that done.

They decided they know more than me, the Automotive Engineer that redesigned and built this machine, about the radically modified 250R that I built.

(See my old posts about "radical")

"Radical" means mods these people at CWP have never heard of... unless they read 3 Wheeler World and Mac Dizzy..

Anyway, I was patient (my mistake, sorry, it wont happen again)

a week or so later, after hearing nothing, I called and was told they were waiting on a slide (cutout) to clear Customs (in the US, I assume) and
    that the shipping was being delayed.

(Thats the "dog ate my homework" excuse.)

I, unfortunately, was patient even though I DO NOT WANT A MODIFIED CARB. When they modify it, I HAVE TO UN DO EVERYTHING THEY DID AND START OVER to get back to Manufacturers baseline.

Its delusional to think one can tune a carb for an engine they cant test it on...but I was patient. I'm sorry. (wheres the Sarcasm icon?)

Another week or so expired and I start to lose patience. I called with TAPE RECORDER RUNNING and was told a different story, that one of the Owners of Keihin had died so the parts could not be shipped from WISCONSIN.

WTF does 'owner died" have to do with shipping from WI? I don't want to hear "my dog died" or other lame excuses.

They said all the parts were there (tape recorded) and the label was printed and ready to slap on the box, so I said "ship it as is"

I just got the parts EXCEPT for the carb, with a notation on the Invoice noting that the carb would be 3-4 days so they can change jetting.

CWP LIED TO ME. I have that lie on a TAPE RECORDING LEGALLY MADE UNDER USC TITLE 18 (yes, race fans, its perfectly legal for me to record them)

Beware. Its very convenient to charge $500 on a credit card to a Customer at a distance, then kind of "forget" to ship parts. And if the Customer doesn't catch it and the time for challenging the charge with the Credit Issuer expires, then there's no recourse but to go SUE them in person.

BEWARE, its easy to lie to and rip off people ordering on the Internet and Phone and difficult to do much about it.

PS the Red Monster has been totally rebuilt, every bearing, gasket and seal, the entire 3 WHeeler except the mono shock. MAJOR project. Had to do it while parts were still available...

--
    UPDATE

I was LIED TO TWICE by CPW. I called two weeks ago, they said all the parts were in stock and they were waiting for a slide cutout, I told them 'just ship it all" and they promised to do so.

They LIED TO ME and shipped everything BUT the carb.

On the Invoice in the box, it was written "carb will ship in 3-4 days with proper jetting".

It didnt.

Today, Monday morning, I called them (after they lied about notifying me via Email of order updates) and they said it had been shipped and should be here tomorrow.

And worse, Ill have to fix the jetting they have screwed up...Ill have to put it back to stock and start over..

Theres no way to guess at jetting especially with a radically modified ignition system, which my R has.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    I had to go wit da first choice .....dud......ask me why ?
    Ask you why youre a Newbie?

Theres nothing wrong with that, except con artists like CPW can blow smoke up your ass about pre jetting carbs and you wont understand why thats impossible.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    He understands why it's ridiculous to send a "pre-jetted" carb. The audacity they have to claim they can jet a carb without the bike. That's absurd!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    This is weird cause I have bought 3 carbs from them and never had this problem. Honestly who gives a Shite if they pre jet it. I have 3 boxes of jets on my tool box and it's gonna get fine tuned anyway.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    I have to agree with glamy here, as to the axe grind. I know Jeff, have more than a half a dozen carbs from him. His shop is local to me. I have had some suppliers tie his hands. The owner of Keihin dies is a big loss, your attaitude towards it speaks of your true personality. If your the guy who is one of 2 importers and your suppliers are shorting you: how do you solve that? Piss up hill?
    Setting the jetting- many of these carbs come in parts. What your getting is a general near stock jet. What ever jibber jab your spewing of re jetting is as advanced or retarded as your timing is. Being special one off personally invented by you, I'm guessing the later. Your ordering a 30yr old part made new sure, you and how many others World wide? You should understand the SMALL insignifant order you placed. The demands you obliviously need met requires some kind of Perfection. Oh, your an engineer, who obliviously can't deal with real life issues and people who don't kiss your Trailpro.

--
    Here ya go, NEW, bone stock and cheap; Ready to roll!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/38mm-Keihin-...QAAOxyaURTfoP1
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamGeek6 View Post
    A month ago, I called Sudco and they said they were waiting for carbs from Japan, and that I had to call THEM back in August to see what availability was? Me have to call THEM? Thats inexcusable Customer Service. I guess they dont want to sell carbs?
    Yes it is inexcusable. I think they should spend many days and countless dollars and manpower calling everyone back that asked them for a carb they didn't have in stock only to find out that the person had already bought one from somewhere else. I also think they should refund the 35 cents they made you waste calling them for a product they didn't have in stock, not to mention the several precious minutes of your life they wasted that you will never get back. I suggest you picket them or turn them into the Better Business Bureau or call Trump or something. This type of poor business practice should not be tolerated or allowed!

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

--
    The beauty of capitalism is that if something is worth doing someone will do it and if they can't someone else will.

--
    35% Oates!!!!
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70