//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New shoes for the 350x (rears)

--

New shoes for the 350x (rears)

22x11-9 maxxis all trak (2 ply) with alba racing 9x8 bead lock rims.
    Tires measure true. Rims look awesome. Price was nice. 180 for the tires and 170 for the rims (ebay). The Douglas equivalent rim goes for 160 each! We'll see how they hold up over time as I have the Douglas wheels on my 400 and there fine after well over 15 years. ( not as shiny as they were)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Nice! Your trike will look good in those new kicks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Current Trikes:
    85 350x
    P3 (x2)

Quads:
    2003 Polaris Predator 500
    1988 Yamaha Warrior
    2003 Polaris Predator 90

Previous Trikes:
    84 Honda 110 (parts)
    85 Honda 110
    85 Honda 200x
    87 Honda 200x
    85 Honda 250sx
    KX 80 Trike conversion

Gone and missed:

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Jealous!
    Looks good and I bet it will make your trike look even better.

--
    those looks good! post up a picture after you get them mounted up!(I figured they would have already be on the 350x with a couple rips on them)
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    Haha yeah they would be mounted already if I had my second tire. First one I got was damaged. Someone took the shrink wrap off with a box cutter and dug into the sidewalls. Replacement should be here tomorrow. I'll take her for a rip down the street. I jetted up over the weekend plug was pretty lean. New exhaust is the culprit I assume. Then I'm going out Saturday for a ride into the woods.

--
    Those are meaty for a 2PR. Nice. 2PR not so easy to find - or I'm looking wrong.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jb2wheels View Post
    Those are meaty for a 2PR. Nice. 2PR not so easy to find - or I'm looking wrong.
    You are correct. They are hard to find. Especially in 22" if you want the height. There's these , Duro mud and sands (work great, very tall almost 24" at 4psi) , Kenda scorpions (very short and narrow ) and a couple others. I've been through a few. These measure true and looks nice. New wheels hopefully they perform well. Doubt they will slide easy but I'm ok with that.

--
    What size were you running before? i know you like your 2 ply.

Did you scale the difference in weight by any chance? My old 6 ply weighed a ton. I went to a 4 ply and a different size down but still the difference was crazy!!! Unsprung weight...

They look great.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    What size were you running before? i know you like your 2 ply.

Did you scale the difference in weight by any chance? My old 6 ply weighed a ton. I went to a 4 ply and a different size down but still the difference was crazy!!! Unsprung weight...

They look great.
    I started my adventure with 22x11-9 ITP holeshots. Too stiff. Loved the tire and size / look etc. literally skipping across some of the areas I ride with 2 psi.
    Weight wise these are quite a bit lighter than the ITP s even with the gnarlier tread. The wheels do weigh more. Not by a lot. I had Douglas red labels and these are blend of yellow and red. I currently have Kenda scorpion in 20" so they are very light but there super short and really narrow. Don't do well in the mud and trails. I think it's just a mx tire really. I think these will be ok weight wise. I'm contemplating dropping gears to 12/38. That's a tad lower than stock but smaller gears all through. We'll see how she does with the 13/39 combo I have now. Probably be ok.

--
    Me like. Test ride this Saturday.

--
    lookin good!

I know you have your eye on a white headlight bezel/shroud/nacelle/whatever you call it.......but I like it red.....especially on a predominantly white machine. It seems to break up the white nicely...especially with your red tidbits here and there....looks really good!

--
    Yeah I'm with you on that knappy. I think I would just parts horde it for now and it I did run it get a red tank with white shrouds for that 87 r color shceme. But I wouldn't run it as is.

--
    Looks good man! Let us know how they perform in the woods! I agree with the both of you to leave the red headlight housing. Too much of one color makes things run together imo.
    Last edited by Aulbaugh; 08-18-2017 at 12:15 AM.
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    I'm looking forward to hearing how they do too. I'm thinking about putting them on the back of my Autox when i get it going. I rode an 86 200x with them on the back. It was hard to tell how they performed since I was just in the parking lot. I like the look of them and the lugs are much taller than I thought they were in the pictures.

--
    There definitely meaty. But surprisingly Light still. I think there gonna be great for my style of riding. And with the beadlocks if I wanna drop them to 1psi I have no fear.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //