//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Tire production date.

--

Tire production date.

I thought they only put them on DOT tires.

Just had a boo at my dirtybike and 200X. I never knew they put them on offroad tires too.

FYI. There is a 4 digit stamp on the tire from anything newer than the year 2000. If you find the stamp and it is IE. 0416. This means the tire was made the 4th week of 2016.

Have a boo at your tires. Not sure if all manufactures do this(?)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Yeah they do. Even non dot race tires have to have this via federal law. Was even there before 2000. ( used to work at a tire shop for five years)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Powell View Post
    Yeah they do. Even non dot race tires have to have this via federal law. Was even there before 2000. ( used to work at a tire shop for five years)

I had no idea on this. I only thought it was for DOT tires... I work in the automotive industry... Learned something new today.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    The frig is a boo?
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    It's basically a liability issue. Almost every tire manufacturer states after 4 years all warranty and liability is void regardless of miles or tread life. There's a couple that are longer but not by much. Michelin by example is 5 years. After that use at your own risk. Rules for manufacture defect and failures still apply to non dot tires. But good luck winning" my atc tire fell apart and I crashed "case in court lol.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    The frig is a boo?
    Haha. Sorry. It is a term I use a lot. Boo= Look.

'83 200X

--
    Need to know stuff if you're collecting... http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...ires-15441034/
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //