//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Need help with a mint ATC200ES!!!

--

Need help with a mint ATC200ES!!!

Hey all, so I bought a 84 200es in very good shape, everything is still on it but it dont run. Story is it ran absolutely perfect untill he was riding it and the engine made a PACK and shut off instant.

So first thing, I put the engine on TDC to cheque the timing, timing seemed like it had jumped one teeth, timing chain was very very loose. I loosened the 14mm bolt for the timing chain tentioner and it instantly put a good tension on the timing chain so I tighted it back and then I adjusted the timing back.

Now back together, motor in the frame.. it has no spark, compression and all seems fine though. Dont know what to do next. What would you all suggest?

The timing seems a little off still though not sur if the notxh on the timing gear is suppose to line up perfect with the notch on the valve cover? Heres a picture of it.. whats your opinions?

Also if the timing would jump one teeth is it enough that the valve would hit the cylinder?

Thanks in advance!! Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170816_190211.jpg  

--
    That thing is mint.....That will run with the timing there. Is it lined up with the F or T on the flywheel? Clean the fuel tank completely and thoroughly. Clean the carb spotless,clean and oil the air filter.. It is most likely dust, replace it if it is. She should run like a champ. Obviously, drain the oil and service her up front to rear.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Thank you for the reply! I could have mentionned that it was running perfect a couple weeks ago before I bought it last week.
    Lined up with the T.

Still need to figure out why there is no spark too.

Eletric start and all lights are working.

--
    Do you have 12 volts at the coil?
    With a multi-meter you can check the stop/start switch from inside the headlight.
    It can possibly be found at the CDI with the multi-meter if you know what to look for.
    Neutral safety switch, stator and pickup coil also come mind.
    Try this, around page 224
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4s...Rqem1qdG8/edit

--
    OK cool Ill check that out tonight. Thanks

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //