//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 85 r tuning debacle r experts please help - RESOLVED

--
    Glad you had a fun day on the R and X. You got away very lucky (no catastrophic case damage) with the previous chain derailment. Your new case saver will quickly pay for itself should you have another. Keeping your chain tensioned properly, only running straight sprockets, and replacing your chain and sprockets at the apropriate time will virtually eliminate another derailment.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

axeman24 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    Glad you had a fun day on the R and X. You got away very lucky (no catastrophic case damage) with the previous chain derailment. Your new case saver will quickly pay for itself should you have another. Keeping your chain tensioned properly, only running straight sprockets, and replacing your chain and sprockets at the apropriate time will virtually eliminate another derailment.
    I put on a new chain too
    Removed both sprockets and made sure they were true
    Should be good there for a while

axeman24 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    So I called around to all my local Honda dealers and the cdi is discontinued guy I spoke to last time pulled up an 86

Who has a good oem cdi for my bike PayPal ready

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    E-GAY has a few `85 CDI`s $49 - $65 !
    do you think they are any good?
    all are used and i couldnt find one that said it was removed from a good running bike
    im hoping someone has one nos on a shelf that they could hook me up with
    or even a used one that has been checked on a good bike

--
    member of vintage honda on fb is shipping me a checked oem 85

ill update when i plug it in

--
    whelp
    Received the cdi today
    all I can say is
    250R!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to all who helped me on this
    go 3ww

--
    Thanx for the update.. I'll still take a healthy 350X over my R's any day. We'll see what you like now lol.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    well see once i have seat time on my r
    i have many hours on my 350x
    i absolutely love it cant beat the torque of it
    plush suspension plenty of power whenever you want it
    it is a great trail bike

as this is my first two stroke i need to get used to the powerband

im building my r as my race bike
    so the raw power and big suspension will be key

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by axeman24 View Post
    im building my r as my race bike so the raw power and big suspension will be key
    You could save yourself boat load of money by simply buying a TECATE 250 instead.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    You could save yourself boat load of money by simply buying a TECATE 250 instead.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

Know of any running and for sale?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //