//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 and 86 250R rear caliper the same?

--

85 and 86 250R rear caliper the same?

hi, I'm new to this site and currently trying to re build what i was told to be an 86. Now that i am in the process of rebuilding it, I've come to realize its an 85. That being said. Before i knew it was really an 85 I had a swing arm built for an 86. I then realized that the 85 carrier wouldn't work, so i bought an 86 carrier, and brake stay. The brake bracket mounted on the caliper will not work on this 86 brake stay. Do i just need a new brake bracket? The caliper looks like it would just mount to the brake stay. I don't believe thats the way to do it. I can't find this brake bracket for an 86 any where. Does anyone have one they'd sell? I just need the bracket. If the calipers are the same between 85 and 86. I sure hope they're the same as i sent this entire caliper and bracket out to cascade innovation to be polished and re built a few months ago

--
    This same question was just answered a few weeks ago in a similar thread, and a resident expert said, between '85 & '86 250R's, the rear brake calipers are the same, other than their mounting brackets. So you just need to find an '86 style mounting bracket to bolt to your '85 caliper. Unfortunately, you might end up needing to buy an entire caliper, as you rarely see them separated.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Thank you, It totally slipped my mind to do a search on this forum.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //