//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 86 trx70 rear brake cable ?

Tomcall is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

86 trx70 rear brake cable ?

Can anyone tell me what the rear brake cable is attached to inside the rear part of the quad so it doesn't have total free play. My 86 seems to have a small cylinder it is to slide thru. However it slides thru all the way preventing the cable from being able to be tightened for the front brake lever. I hope this makes sense. I can't find any pics of this part of brake system. The cylinder has a slot in it I suppose for the cable, but this cable just slides on thru the cylinder. Perhaps I have the incorrect cable? Anyone?
    Thanks

--
    I would assume you have the wrong cable or the cable holder that is welded on the frame is spread open some. The cable holder on this model is thick if I remember right so not likely spread open.

I can't visualize it, to long since I look at one but could you cut a small slot in a small washer to slip the cable through and use it as a spacer or larger diameter to keep the cable in the correct location. I would not be able to explain what I mean well but something you may consider looking at and see if it will work somehow.
    TPC Trikes Are Awesome

Tomcall is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Thanks for your response. You are correct as I believe it had the incorrect cable. That cable worked fine for a time but I think over time it got pulled thru the cylinder that is supposed to hold it back. the cylinder that holds the cable and functions as a stopper was also open too much making it easier to allow the end of the cable to slide in.. It has a slot in the side for the cable to slip into the cylinder. I tried a different cable with a larger end on it and closed up the cylinder with a large pair of pliers so hopefully it won't slip in over time. Seems to be working fine now. Ended up installing new brakes while I was at it. Turns out the old brakes were pretty worn.
    Thanks again.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //