//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 84 honda 200s

--

84 honda 200s

Hey guys brand new here, I have an assortment of trikes ranging from a 85 70 to a couple 86 350X's. My current problem is with a 84 200s it starts easy, idles great and doesn't smoke, problem is it has a miss/hesitation thru all rpm ranges cold or hot, spark plug is newer and has a great burn to it, just replaced carb and some other little things. I'm stumped could someone shed some light or maybe had similar issues, thanks in advance

--
    Hello and welcome. I'd check all your grounding connections and then if your bike has a CDI swap it with someone who has one whose bike runs well if you have access. Also the coil. Same thing. Check the grounds on that and possibly swap it with a different bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--

84 honda 200s

Had same issue w my 200x. Agree w Shawn to check all grounds and possibly Cdi. Check all other connections too. I thing the issue w mine was my spark plug wire or coil. I replaced those and rewired connections on wiring harness and cleaned and reconnected grounds and it went away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Powell View Post
    Hello and welcome. I'd check all your grounding connections and then if your bike has a CDI swap it with someone who has one whose bike runs well if you have access. Also the coil. Same thing. Check the grounds on that and possibly swap it with a different bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm going to have to buy a new cdi and coil I don't have one to swap with, I've cleaned some ground but I'll have to go thru and make sure all are clean, thank you.

--
    Air filter is clean and unobstructed, I checked for cracks in the boots as well, none found, choke is definitely off, I switch it on and it won't rev at all without falling on it's face

--
    Quote Originally Posted by chasemanmusic View Post
    Had same issue w my 200x. Agree w Shawn to check all grounds and possibly Cdi. Check all other connections too. I thing the issue w mine was my spark plug wire or coil. I replaced those and rewired connections on wiring harness and cleaned and reconnected grounds and it went away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm going to eliminate grounds first,I think Shawn is onto something as well, I've had my head in it all day and needed a fresh brain(mine was getting stale) going to ohm check plug wire as well, possibly high resistance killing my spark

--
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Awesome. I think he's on to something too. Just making sure to not overlook anything. You said you changed the carb, how'd it run before that?

Pics of the 954? One of my favorites.
    I got it without the carb, pretty sure this issue was the reason previous owner pulled the carb, I'm going to run thru it entirely tomorrow, ordered a cdi and coil (17$) only have 1 decent one on my phone but still my favorite bike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1504412202885.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	246193  

--
    Maybe cut the end of the plug wire back. I heard some issues with the plug wire arcing. May not show up until under load.

I see that you are getting a new CDI and coil. Sometimes the cheap stuff does not work out. Don't want to throw another variable into the mix. You could be chasing your tail.

Also heard the aftermarket carbs have smaller jets on the main. Sorry I was not more helpfull.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    China aftermarket carbs = symptoms your having .
    Buy a decent used oem carburetor and put a shindy kit in it ,,,, problem solved .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Well after playing the waiting game on parts, rechecking all my grounds(they were clean) checked my valves, they were in-spec but I adjusted anyways, my coil finally arrived! I couldn't to get home and install/test run, I installed it, threw the tank on and started it, same Damn symptoms. Finally my cdi arrived today I got home pulled the tank and installed cdi, installed the tank and started it, instantly different! It'll rev up without hesitation and has so much more power, thanks guys, going to do a final tune on the carb and ride this thing finally!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //