//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Range of 185s

--

Range of 185s

Hi Guys,

I'll be taking my 1983 ATC 185s to Moab in a few months. I haven't gone on any longer rides since recently purchasing it. What kind of range mile wise should I be able to expect from the stock 2.3 gallon gas tank? Considering the terrain, I think that I'll be riding moderately.

Any info is helpful!

Thanks

--
    Thanks The Dude, I know that the Yamaha TW 200 is stated to get 70 MPG (or something similar), but the 185s has more rubber on the ground and more friction. So about 35 mpg as you above described.

Mucho Gracias!

--
    Yep i got 65 miles out of a tank on mine running dirt roads near wide open the whole time.
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    I can do about 75 miles on a 250 Big Red doing pretty hard riding. I would assume the smaller displacement 185S could do a little better MPGs, but does have a smaller tank. I would plan on getting 75 miles out of a tank.

On the flip side and without ruining your original post, I am brain storming a trip to Utah on a 200S. Will you be riding near the "Paiute Trail"? After all, from what I read, it was founded by some guys on 3 wheelers back in the day.
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    I hadn't considered Paiute Trail... Maybe I'll look into it. Was looking at Gemini bridges, Chicken Corners and Back of the Behind... When do you plan to go there atctim?

--
    No date set yet - will be a couple of years - just looking at all the information I can at this point. I'll be following your adventures, so please post up a ride report!
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    I rode 300 miles of the Paiute Trail last year on an old Honda XL250R. It was a great trip. I broke it down into 4 days of 70+ miles. Stopped at towns along the way for meals, refueling and overnight stays at hotels but you can camp along the route too.

--
    I recommend Casto Canyon too.

--
    We rode the choppers (one 185S and a couple 200's) on a 50 mile dirt road loop one night (not pre-planned, we figured out the route after the epic tour). This included a lot of screwing around, so actual miles traveled was probably closer to 60. All tanks were on reserve by the time we got back home

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1148.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	246270

--
    Thanks Jeddy

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //