//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 06 f150

--
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Yea. You're pumping oil faster to the topend when you rev it. As above, motorcraft filters and 5w20. After that stop worrying about it unless you like rebuilding that works fine and will for years without being touched.
    Pretty much this ^. Once you get past the spark plug issue, the exhaust manifolds rotting off, and clickity clack, the damn things run practically forever. I have a buddy who runs a decent size lawn care business with 10 or so trucks and he looks only for 5.4 Superduty's for his fleet. He knows the inherent issues going in, but the longevity of the engines and strong trans in the SD's, they run forever. The truck around them falls apart from snow plowing before the engine or trans ever give out.

axeman24 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    I had the knock on my 4.6 and fixed it with the correct filter, something to do with the right filters having a one way check valve or something.

Google "Change spark plugs Ford 5.4" to truly fall in love with that motor.
    your right about that
    i had a 01 in the family since new it blew a spark plug at 220k sounded like an auto shotgun going off under the hood i thought it was done but i was right around the block it drove home popped the hood and saw the coil pack sitting on the injector rail
    of course it was one of the plugs by the firewall
    had to buy a special angled tap kit to get to it

yep 3 headers cracked

this is a good story
    my sister was driving the truck and it popped the passenger tie rod somehow she drove it home with the tires pointing to each other no idea how she did it

other then that amazing truck really i miss the thing sold it at 280 running great and its still going
    i love my hemi now hope she doesn't grenade!

--
    So, the group consensus is not to bother changing the VCT solenoids? It had a real filter on it, and was overdue for a change. Filter was a Prime Guard. I just wonder if theres shite on those solenoid filters. Also I've gotta say, i really don't like the truck. The bed is really small. I think i could make a few bucks on it if i flipped it now, but there isn't a lot out there in terms of decent trucks for short money. I'm not sure which way to go.
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

--
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox View Post
    So, the group consensus is not to bother changing the VCT solenoids? It had a real filter on it, and was overdue for a change. Filter was a Prime Guard. I just wonder if theres shite on those solenoid filters. Also I've gotta say, i really don't like the truck. The bed is really small. I think i could make a few bucks on it if i flipped it now, but there isn't a lot out there in terms of decent trucks for short money. I'm not sure which way to go.
    If it's no broke don't fix it. Again 296k on mine just passed California smog original engine cats and trans. I've done the plugs every 50k and only the OEM originals broke. They knew there was an issue and even the motorcraft plugs you buy today are slightly smaller in diameter than the ones from 2005 to 2009. Check your injectors. Mine made hella noise at 250k. I thought my cam phasers were toast. I used a long tube from my shot vac and they were toast. Also get an ohm meter and check your coil packs. Mine had tw dead ones and never threw a light. Ran like . Thought truck was done. New packs ran like a champ. New injectors started getting mileage like it did when it was new again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    I have a buddy who runs a decent size lawn care business with 10 or so trucks
    So I'm not the only Mexican you know?

--
    So I'm not the only Mexican you know?
    He's 100 percent Gringo. He employees your neighbors causing you to have to cut your own lawn.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

--
    I had a 99 Silverado with the 5.3, got a batch of bad gas and the truck sat alot. Long story short, sent the injectors out to be cleaned and rebuilt, $17 a piece and came back looking like new with new O rings etc. Number 7 inj. had stopped working completely but with ultra-sonic and pulsing they fixed it, all flowed like new. Truck ran amazing again with 167K. Cheaper then buying all new injectors. Just an fyi for anyone

--
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox View Post
    Ok. Oil and filter change. Motorcraft filter and mobil 1 high mileage 5w-20. It created,,,,,,ABSOLUTELY no difference. Still have the diesel sounding start up. lasts like 5 seconds. Then it sounds good. The truck runs good. I drove it today a little. I found out today that the drivers side rear window doesn't roll down. Something else to address. I'm gonna swap out those solenoids. Gonna order them tomorrow. Its with a shot.
    they won't fix it. It's the tensioner leaking down. One way to avoid the knock on cold starting is to hold the gas pedal to the floor and crank it until you have oil pressure for a few seconds. I replaced both solenoids and phasers and mine still does it

--
    Cool story bro.
    Back to your douche bags ways already I see. No one wants you here but you stay like the parasite you are. You have nothing better to do, what a loser you are. What a faggot, get a life
    Last edited by Hurley250R; 09-13-2017 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Dick nose looking faggot douchebike

--
    Always been this ugly or did you take alot of beatdowns?
    Nice chain (bro)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fag.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	246336

--
    On the topic of F150's (and NO OTHER REASON!!!) I used to listen to this song when I drove mine (helped drown out the knocking)

--
    Great song by a great band.
    Yeah, but that Dude's chain is from Tractor Supply.

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Yeah, but that Dude's chain is from Tractor Supply.
    I am confused. I heard that Tractor Supply was off the chain.

--
    Now I'm confused, I heard they had a chain of stores.

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Now I'm confused, I heard they had a chain of stores.
    There's a cute cashier that works at the nearby TSC. I tried, but I failed to a tractor.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //