//ArrowChat Code

Thread: PRM swingarm skid plate

--

PRM swingarm skid plate

Just wanted to give a shout out to PRM for their excellent product. Ordered this plate late last week and got it installed last night. Fit and finish was awesome and I was just thoroughly impressed. The countersunk fasteners in the rear was quite a nice touch and with the slider being just a flat piece of UHMW should be easy enough to replace.

If any of you 3rd gen are guys or any one else was on the fence about getting one I would highly recommend it. Even more so now with the retirement talk!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

axeman24 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    right on!
    ive got mine in the mail what thickness did you get?

--
    You wont be disappointed! I went with the standard .190" thick plate, I figured with compared to OE that would be an increase in protection in itself.

--
    Get them while you can now because they wont be around too much longer.
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondatcs View Post
    Get them while you can now because they wont be around too much longer.
    I know, I'm half thinking about going ahead and just ordering a swing arm plate for my 350X and the engine plate for the R just for good measure after seeing the quality of this one.

axeman24 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    same here looks plenty meety enough

and honestly the mounts on the swingarm aren't even strong enough to hold it
    i broke off every mount on my 200x hitting a pa rock put a huge dent in the skid plate too tho
    thats what i get for doing a rock scramble trail on 18" tires
    but i guess it did its job swingarm and rotor and sprocket were unharmed just need to weld on a new bracket
    Last edited by axeman24; 09-12-2017 at 02:38 PM.

--
    YES, .190 is the way to go unless you have ZERO rocks....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I ordered an extra engine and swing skid for my 350 and a different grab bar. Just in case.
    I also may have allegedly purchased some skid plates for a 200x that I don't own yet. This is probably fake news so definitely don't mention it to the Mrs and absolutely don't into the shed and check the atc parts buckets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Hmmm, Im not sure I believe all this rhetoric lol. I cant blame you at all, I may or may not have went ahead and ordered both plates for the X and the engine for the R today as well...

Off topic but my intern at work just put his '87 200x up for sale last week

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamnahrt View Post
    Hmmm, Im not sure I believe all this rhetoric lol. I cant blame you at all, I may or may not have went ahead and ordered both plates for the X and the engine for the R today as well...

Off topic but my intern at work just put his '87 200x up for sale last week
    I'm going for a first gen 200x. Easier to build.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Powell View Post
    I also may have allegedly purchased some skid plates for a 200x that I don't own yet. This is probably fake news so definitely don't mention it to the Mrs.

I may have allegedly a 200X for sale. This is probably fake news so don't mention it to the Mrs.

for real.......I want an R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    I may have allegedly a 200X for sale. This is probably fake news so don't mention it to the Mrs.

for real.......I want an R
    That's a great looking machine knappy. What makes the cost of that there machine? Honestly that's too nice for me. I want beat up one to resto mod.

--
    It's a good day!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //