//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Northern Ontario, 85' 250sx, looking at buying 350X this week!

--
    Thanks Shawn!
    I know very little about timing or valves, just how they work. I don't know how to adjust either tbh.

It has a new air filter in there. K&n intake is what he said. I'm not sure what you mean by "won't run tooth out". The airbox is tight, the tube are all connected.

He said he's replaced the Jets 6 times to find this set up and said it was the best out of all the swaps. I'm not sure which size jets are on there. So if the jet were backed out a little, thus opening it up a bit more? , it may help with the back firing ?

If I buy it I would serious consider putting a 400ex carb on it. I don't know much about customizing bikes, minor mod adjustments and balancing everything, I only started playing with engines a year ago.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

--
    The carb mod is easy and a ton of people have done threads here to do it. You'll need a carb a 400ex throttle cable and my preference was a heat gun to soften up your factory boot. And maybe a handful of jets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    just saying if hes letting you ride it for a day he must be a really good guy not many people would let you do that! and Shawn is correct they will not run a tooth out on the timing! read up on some carb tuning basiscs there are plenty of threads out there on jets needle placement and such
    73 atc 70
    84 ytm 200ern
    79 atc 70
    ytm 225 dr
    atc 90
    80 atc 110
    klt 250A
    84 atc 200es
    85 atc 250es

gone but not forgotten restored 82 atc 70

--
    If I were to do that I'd come back and get some guide me from everyone here! So where on the frame should the Vin be stamped ?

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frame VIN.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	246415

Page 1-2 of the Service Manual. If you buy this one, download this manual. Learn it, memorize it, love it.
    http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manual...ice_Manual.pdf

--
    Sounds like the guy is very decent. Trike looks great.

Sorry Shawn Powell about my joke about money.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    OK thank you that's where I thought it should be ! Looks like I'll be getting him to take a little sand paper or wire brush to that part! Now I read somewhere that I can have a reproduction Vin sticker made up, does anyone anything about this ?

This is where it was mentioned:
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...IN-Help-Needed!

The post by rdlsz24

I know it's not required but it'd just make it a bit easier for when the cops pull me over haha

Last edited by Fet-two; 09-18-2017 at 08:20 PM.

--
    So the bike is mine, I gave him a 10% deposit, he's gonna tweak a few things then have it to me for the weekend. The main thing is that when you're going at a decent speed and you shift down the bike stalls out, until you give it a little shot of gas. This makes me feel like it either isn't getting enough air and is flooding, or isn't getting enough fuel/air over all. He's putting on a crf450 carb by the weekend for me and tuning it up.

--

Hello from Northern Ontario, 85' 250sx, looking at buying 350X this week!

Unless that motor is heavily worked (ported and bored) a 450 carb is too big. I'd go with the 400ex carb. The 400 carb is 38mm compared to your factory 32. Plus the accelerator pump. A 450r carb is a 43mm. I have a 450 carb on my 400ex with a 426 piston stage 2 cam full exhaust and mild porting and it's borderline to big. Just my opinion. Welcome to be told I'm wrong. Also the intake opening in the head isn't big enough for a 450r carb you have to open it up big time and you actually hit the threads for the bolts. I believe Mickey over at FST has solved this by welding on an intake when he does his 500cc kits. So you could in theory have a big old carb but a log jam at the head opening. Where as the 400ex carb fits like a glove.

Last edited by Shawn Powell; 09-20-2017 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Just my opinion it might stink.

--
    I thought a 450 carb might be too large tbh. He said he would put the new carb on before delivering it to me, but from what I've read I'd probably replace it with a 400 carb at some point in the winter. What kind of jetting would be suggested for the stock 350x carb to handle the fact that it's over bored ? Also with a .50 thou over bore what would that approximately work out to in cc's?

--
    Not enough ccs to brag about. That's what my bike has , keeping in mind the factory displacement is just over 353, I think it makes them 355. Now as far as jetting that's a loaded question. You said he put 450r valves in it wich I've never heard of. Also a hot cam so depends on the grind. I'd probably start with a 160 ( stock was 138) and work from there. And maybe 2 sizes up on the pilot. With mine I have stock valves cam and mild porting ( just a clean up really of casting imperfections) and full exhaust wiseco 10.25 comp piston I have the 400ex carb with a 52 pilot 3 turns out and a 148 main jet. Full air box with lid.

--
    Welcome! I'm wanting another 350X also

--
    If it was me, I'd put the 350X carb back on it and then get it running right. When you do the 400EX carb swap, just swap your jets from the 350 carb to the 400 carb. It will still run fine.

--
    Well, it all fell apart. There was issues with the ownership, service Ontario said I'd have to send registered mail to somebody who's name was on the bike 20 years ago. At that point the amount of uncertainty killed the deal for me. Something started to seem fishy. Plus the guy did an extra couple last minute "tune ups" including putting the brake caliper from his cr250 on it (looks like he welded it to the rear carrier :$) welded a crab bar onto the frame, spray painted a few spots and a few other things like that. Looks like I'm going to have to hold out till next year.
    I know we're not supposed to link from this page, so I won't. But there is a huge haul of 250r's, 350x's including one brand new never ridden 86, tri z's and Tecates posted on Kijiji in Midland Ontario. Might be worth some of you checking out !

--
    this 86 on Kijiji
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rebuild86.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	246833  
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //