//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Tri z scam...beware

--

Tri z scam...beware

Hey guys, I was all over this until I talked to a friend realized it's not likely legit..I wouldn't have shipped anyways...but I can see why someone would be tempted.

NOTE** (This ad is running on Craigslist all over the country).

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/se...na?query=tri+z

I got a reply that it was her husband's bike & he died of a heart attack etc.. she/he states she's out of state and suggests secure shipping arrangements etc..

It might be a good idea to "flag" these ads..in your cities. Or someone contact Craigslist. I can't see someone going through the effort to legitimately list a trike in every area of the United States...too good to be true, hate to see any if you get scammed...it's odd to see a scam directed so accurately to enthusiasts of an obscure mainstream group of the population...us!
    I need all the help I can get!

--
    Thanks. This is also up in the ebay/Craigslist section. Seems to be a few scams going on these days.
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    This one? LOL! Piss me off, had it listed in Austin TX, I'd have drove up in a heartbeat, but it's fishy as a bait shop. I'm going back and forth with them daily by email, right now the title is the topic. Hard to keep up with them and my Nigerian Prince buddy at the same time, but until he sends my millions I'm not in a position to pay for the trike.

I'm selling my 3-wheeler for $1,500, because my husband died two months ago, he had a heart attack. I decided to sell the house and I moved to my mom, trying to start a new life. With a price like that, you might expect it to have some problems, but this 3-wheeler is in excellent condition - both mechanically and electrically, no damage history.

The 3-wheeler is back in Fort Polk, LA. The thing is, right now, I'm not there because I'm a maintenance worker for the state of Louisiana - we're currently working on the highway. If you have any other questions, or need more info, please feel free to ask. Below you can find some specs and all the pics i have.

Type : Three Wheeler
    Mileage : 9,892
    Engine Size (cc) : 250
    Transmission : Manual
    Drive Train : 2-Wheel Drive
    Weighs : 220 Pounds
    Title : Clear

Everything works as it should. Great compression, all stock engine. These are the items I have replaced over time. It has New front and rear fenders, new tires, new handlebars and grips, new chain and new headlight bulbs. I also have the original fenders that are in great shape and a brand new black seat cover with the Yamaha logo on the back that will go with the buyer. Im sure I've left something out so feel free to email me with any questions you may have.

TexFest is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    that is the same exact ad thats here on my local craigslist,
    TPC 450R

--
    I ran into a similar scam a few years ago when I was looking for a 89 TRX 250R. It was a cherry machine. When I asked to come see it he said he was in the military, was going to be deployed soon, and didn't have time to meet. He assured me the pictures were accurate and wanted me to send the money and he would take care of the shipping. Yeah, right. Bye, bye a-hole.

--
    If something too cheap I just flag it. I saw it in my local cl too. That trike by a person who knows somthing is start at 3000 all day long.

--
    Okay then it's definitely a scam, as they replied the exact same message...only they said there in Oregon..I'm gonna start flagging Los Angeles area...when I see it.

--
    LOL!! I got the same ad, pics and all. Only she was in Iowa.

Scam alert!!
    "You should never smoke in pajamas..
    You might start a fire and burn your face..
    Maybe you should return to Manaugua..
    You could go un-noticed in such a place"

FZ

Ass,gas or grass....nobody rides for free!

Ride free,Brotha. See you in Heaven.

--
    Same here in NY and I found it on a PA. craigslist ad.https://longisland.craigslist.org/sn...294467513.html
    250r rules

--
    Damn...these people are relentless, All the ads I flagged were back in a day or so, and in addition they are running 3-5 ads now saturating the want ads under Tri Z. It's unfortunate that someone familiar with these old machines is involed and targeting people of a specific demographic whom just want to enjoy life. I'll keep flagging my areas.. unfortunately..you know there screwing some like minded enthusiast somewhere whom just wants nothing better than enjoyment or plain just wants the simple pure joy & satisfaction of reliving ones youth. These F-ers are stealing that.

kevin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Same scam in grandforks Craigslist but with 88 trx250r. Got the same response and all but said she is a maintenance worker for the department of Iowa.

--
    its in the virgina craigslist too. seems like there are almost more fake scam ads on craigslist than real ones anymore
    current rides
    82' ATC110
    85' ATC310R
    85' ATC250R
    85' ATC250ES
    16' brute force 750

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //