//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85' 86 250R seat came off during race or ride? Never again!

--

85' 86 250R seat came off during race or ride? Never again!

I had my seat come off during a race. This happened to several fellow racers as well. Replace the spring latch system with this pin latch system and never worry about losing your seat/fender during a race or hard ride. Made from billet 6061 aluminum. Now available in the 3WW store.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	latch (2).jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	246692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	latch (1).JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	908.3 KB 
ID:	246691Click image for larger version. 

Name:	latch (3).jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	246693

--
    I let my brother ride my 81 250r at the dunes and the seat flew off as well. He said it hurt quite a bit ripping off with the fenders right between the legs. He put the seat back on and rode it back. We realize that the latch spring fell off, so we zip tied it. Nice innovation on the latch though.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"
    81 DG 250r : Sold

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --

ummmmm...or you might be able to simply put a 3 cent zip tie on the latch like the tecate guys do.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

--

85' 86 250R seat came off during race or ride? Never again!

Nevermind. Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shawn Powell; 09-30-2017 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Shoulda looked first.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post

ummmmm...or you might be able to simply put a 3 cent zip tie on the latch like the tecate guys do.
    I thought all Tecate fenders bolted on with a fender brace/support?
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR
    I have done the ziptie thing. Sorry, but I prefer a more proper and professional solution. LOL.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    I thought all Tecate fenders bolted on with a fender brace/support?
    He was referring to the seat. The tecate fenders are bolted but the seat uses a latch.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by hostilerob View Post
    Sorry, but I prefer a more proper and professional solution. LOL.
    Totally unnecessary on The TECATE...The Most Powerful 250cc 3 Wheeler In The Universe.

--

...but it is nice to know that there are optional parts available to honda owners to help them keep their bike together when they ride them.

--
    He was referring to the seat. The tecate fenders are bolted but the seat uses a latch.
    Well, on an '85-86 250R, which is what this product thread is about, if the seat comes off, the rear fenders are going with it, as they're bolted together. On the '86-87 Tecate, the seat is bolted to the rear fenders, and the rear fenders are bolted to the frame, so no latch there either. Are you referring to the '84-85 Tecate that has a seat latch? I don't know much about those, except that they weren't the most powerful 250cc 3-wheeler in the universe.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Quote Originally Posted by red rider View Post
    Are you referring to the '84-85 tecate that has a seat latch?
    yes.

Quote Originally Posted by red rider View Post
    I don't know much about those, except that they weren't the most powerful 250cc 3-wheeler in the universe.
    ummm...yes...they...were...and still ARE!

--
    Nice work

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //