//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Death

--

Death

I have been sleeping on the floor so I can give meds every few hrs. to my dad. he has filled with cancer and they sent him home . time stands still...I can hear every rumble inside him... I know a lot of my trike buddies have been thru this , just looking for a few suggestion to help ease the pain .
    our original 85 we bought new, 2 - 86 police specials
    250r dust runner
    04 Yamaha kodiaK 450 snowbuster ! Brute Force 750 dust collector .
    Bunch of es stuff I been buying for next builds....
    Gone but lives on in my aching body the mighty 350x collection . A Beat 85 es im gonna rebuild

--
    I don't know if this will help Eric, but I'll try...

Never forget that death is a fact of life. Try as we might, it can't be escaped, only invited, or avoided by the actions and circumstances of our lives.

Death is not a punishment, it's a cost for having lived and a reminder to all that we should make the most of our lives as we can.

When you look at your Dad in that bed, don't think of him as dying, think of him as having lived. Reflect on all the great things he's experienced to now, especially the ones he's shared with you.

He's suffering now, as are you, but soon it will be over, his pain will be gone, but yours will linger. Sooth it with all the good times he's shared with you. Let him live on in your mind and in the stories about him that you will share with others.

Tell him everything you've ever wanted to tell him, confess to every stupid thing you never admitted to as a kid, tell him how much you love him and don't ever forget what it feels like to open up to him, because these are the last moments you'll ever have to look back on when you think about him as the years pass and little things happen that remind you of him. Regret is the cut that never heals, let it all out now while he's still breathing, conscious of not.

I hope something in this post can give you a little peace. God bless brother.
    Last edited by El Camexican; 10-01-2017 at 02:31 PM.

--
    Thoughts and Prayers to your family.
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    First off, you have to take care of you first. Get out and walk/ride. Carefully of course,but get up in the woods and relax a little. Cherish every moment. But you know that now. His suffering now will give way to relief that he is out of pain,but then the next pain kicks in,and frankly,,,it never goes away. The old you will be just that. Nothing you look at ever again will be the same. Just when you think you are maybe done grieving, the stupidest little thing will crush you. The pain never goes away,it just gets slightly less. It is different for everyone,but that is how it was for me. I'm not too far away if I can do anything for you. Take care of yourself.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    My thoughts and prayers

--
    Last week was the one year anniversary of my Dad losing his fight with IPF. His last few weeks were very hard on him and the day he died was the worst day of my life. I still sorely miss him, every single day. He passed at only 61 years young and at times I have been mad at the world, God, the universe, whatever name you want to call it because my Dad's life was cut so short while absolute degenerates I know live on for years and years. I know it's not the right attitude to have and it's not something I dwell on, just one of the many emotions I have experienced. The day before Dad passed, we all knew he wouldn't last much longer and I was able to tell him one last time that I loved him and he nodded his head in acknowledgement. One of the last few things he said to me was something he said often, that he was proud of me. These are the things I try to keep in the forefront every day as I remember and miss him in day to day life. I wish I could tell you that you will move on, but you really don't ever move on. The intense sting of grief and loss experienced early on does fade a bit, but I have yet to really move on and I don't think I even want to.

I truly can relate to what you are going through, and I wish you all of the comfort, courage, and peace of mind possible. Many heartfelt and true words have been posted here above me in this thread and I do not disagree with any of it. Just keep doing what you are doing, being there for your Dad as he was for you as you were growing up and confide in your family as much as possible. My family has always been very close, even to the point that outsiders would sometimes think we were a little weird. But let me tell you, if not for my family and our closeness, I would never have been able to get through that time with my sanity.

Take care and may God bless you and yours in this trying time.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    I'm so sorry Dustrunner. I wish your dad and family the best
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--

terrible death

Thanks everyone. A few words go a long way. just mixed up the mornings medicine, As I sit here listening to the "death rattle " just keep wondering why some just drop dead ? like my grandfather did and my father wanted to....
    250r dust runner
    Gone but lives on in my aching body the mighty 350x collection . A Beat 85 es im gonna rebuild

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Lost my Dad in October of 2014 to lung cancer. I feel for you and pray for you. No words I can say that will make it all go away so do as others have said and tell him how much you love him. I told my Dad thanks......thanks for teaching me how to be a husband and a Dad. All you can do is leave nothing unsaid and cry. Hug your loved ones and cry. It will take time to heal but eventually you will realize how fortunate you were to have him in your life. So many never had that blessing.

Thoughts and prayers with you.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dustrunner View Post
    Thanks everyone. A few words go a long way. just mixed up the mornings medicine, As I sit here listening to the "death rattle " just keep wondering why some just drop dead ? like my grandfather did and my father wanted to....
    Maybe a little TMI,,but my Uncle smoked and passed from cancer,, The sounds that came out of that mans gut were astounding. I'm talking us all sitting there in the living room, him with almost a smile on his face,engaging in conversation. His suffering drew out for months. He would say,,,the vultures are circling!! He was quite the riot. I know exactly what you mean about those sounds. Hang in there and get outside for a quick rip. It will be your saving grace.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc007 View Post
    Maybe a little TMI,,but my Uncle smoked and passed from cancer,, The sounds that came out of that mans gut were astounding. I'm talking us all sitting there in the living room, him with almost a smile on his face,engaging in conversation. His suffering drew out for months. He would say,,,the vultures are circling!! He was quite the riot. I know exactly what you mean about those sounds. Hang in there and get outside for a quick rip. It will be your saving grace.
    Welp, I would hate for him to need me so im sitting her watching. looks like another long night. oh well as someone said I will feel good I sacrificed in the end. THNAK S AGAIN ALL.
    250r dust runner

--
    Hang in there . Is he on Morphine? Hospice? Morphine is good stuff at this stage. It also can help them out....

--
    Yes to both. The morphine has really helped him with the pain. but he just lays there. so sad !
    250r dust runner

--
    This morning my best friend lost his battle with that damb cancer . My brain is just going crazy ( like on a roller coaster ) Time to toughen up i guess.
    250r dust runner

--
    I'm so sorry man. If there is anything I can do send me a PM.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //