//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Damn stupid rules!

--

Damn stupid rules!

I just registered so I can provide a solution to someones problem on an old post - as I had the exact same problem and fixed it.
    But your damn stupid rules say I have to jump through all kinds of hoops to be permitted to post a reply, got to first post 10 discussions, wait 2 months etc etc.

It is no wonder that many problems are left unsolved for years, as who could be bothered to register just to help someone out??

This is the post I want to reply to :
    "Honda GX120 shuts off after 10-25 seconds of running. Cant figure it out!"

I have same engine with same problem. Solution - remove the carby fuel cup by unscrewing small bolt. Insert a fine wire down screwhole to clean out the jet hole through to the venturi throat of the carby. If you removed the air intake you should be able to see the wire poking through and hitting the side wall of the throat. Now the fuel should have no trouble flowing into the venturi and engine. This fixed the problem for me. I found this solution on a youtube video on carby cleaning. An indicator that this is the problem is if you can keep the engine running a bit by spraying carby cleaner into the air intake, this indicates fuel starvation, and a seemingly clean carby is actually partially blocked. This was what happened in my case.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I can see why you might find a clogged carburetor fuel passage to be so amazing.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

briano is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Rules are to keep bozo's out.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --

Dear Bozon;

First of all, we here at 3 Wheeler World know that there are many sites to choose from for the exchange of information regarding these great vehicles and would like to thank you for making us as your provider for all your 3 wheeler needs and will work hard to insure that your experience here is an enjoyable and memorable one. We also understand your frustration of having to go thru the many stringent phases of our sign up process and genuinely empathize with your feelings regarding them, however, much like a prophylactic is there for the protection of everyone, these rules are there for the same reason.

We pride ourselves in having what we believe is by far the the most "family" friendly" site on the internet, because we truly believe that no one, especially the young impressionable children that may view our site, should be subjected to seeing such horrific filth as a link to Amazon.com for an inflatable Mylie Cyrus "Car Pool Buddy" doll (for only $19.95 including free delivery if you sign up for their Premium Buyer Plan) which could be used by a single driver in an attempt to circumvent the law by using it as a second "person" to qualify them to drive in a High Occupancy Vehicle lane.

Posts of such grave depravity and moral turpitude will not be tolerated here, and we strongly encourage people to report such heinous acts so that we can ban the offender in hope that this action will give them the time they may need to reflect and see the error of their evil ways and repent so that they can once again become a productive member of our 3 Wheeler World family, for we choose not to foresake those whom have strayed from the path of goodness but instead hope to help heal them and exercise any demons that may possess their immortal sole.

Thank you for your patronage and may the 3WW force be with you amen!

This has been an automatically generated reply.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post

Dear Bozon;

First of all, we here at 3 Wheeler World know that there are many sites to choose from for the exchange of information regarding these great vehicles and would like to thank you for making us as your provider for all your 3 wheeler needs and will work hard to insure that your experience here is an enjoyable and memorable one. We also understand your frustration of having to go thru the many stringent phases of our sign up process and genuinely empathize with your feelings regarding them, however, much like a prophylactic is there for the protection of everyone, these rules are there for the same reason.

We pride ourselves in having what we believe is by far the the most "family" friendly" site on the internet, because we truly believe that no one, especially the young impressionable children that may view our site, should be subjected to seeing such horrific filth as a link to Amazon.com for an inflatable Mylie Cyrus "Car Pool Buddy" doll (for only $19.95 including free delivery if you sign up for their Premium Buyer Plan) which could be used by a single driver in an attempt to circumvent the law by using it as a second "person" to qualify them to drive in a High Occupancy Vehicle lane.

Posts of such grave depravity and moral turpitude will not be tolerated here, and we strongly encourage people to report such heinous acts so that we can ban the offender in hope that this action will give them the time they may need to reflect and see the error of their evil ways and repent so that they can once again become a productive member of our 3 Wheeler World family, for we choose not to foresake those whom have strayed from the path of goodness but instead hope to help heal them and exercise any demons that may possess their immortal sole.

Thank you for your patronage and may the 3WW force be with you amen!

This has been an automatically generated reply.
    Could be worse. They took this guys ^^"Edit" button away. For seemingly no reason from what I can tell. See you in two months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    ...such horrific filth as a link to Amazon.com for an inflatable Mylie Cyrus "Car Pool Buddy" doll (for only $19.95 including free delivery if you sign up for their Premium Buyer Plan) which could be used by a single driver in an attempt to circumvent the law by using it as a second "person" to qualify them to drive in a High Occupancy Vehicle lane. .
    Does she always look like you're about to crash? Asking for a friend...

Bozo If they haven't gotten that to run in 6 years, it ain't going to....

Do you own, or have you owned, or are you planing on owning, riding, maintaining, or entering a long term term relationship with a 3-Wheeled All Terrain Vehicle?
    Last edited by 83ATC185; 10-03-2017 at 04:27 PM.
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Powell View Post
    Could be worse. They took this guys ^^"Edit" button away. For seemingly no reason from what I can tell.
    Wow...he must be the worst person in the world!

...oh, and, OMG...I think my hemorrhoids just burst!

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 83ATC185 View Post
    Does she always look like you're about to crash? Asking for a friend...
    Sorry but I don't currently know the answer to that question as I am driving now and she seems to have fallen over so her head is in my lap. I will lift her up and take a look when it is safe to do so which might be in around 10 or 15 minutes.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

--
    I completely understand his frustration, as I am new to the site as well; however, their intentions seem to be very positive and the "controllers" of the site are fairly quick to respond and answer questions. I had the same issue of not being able to post today to help someone looking for answers. There are other ways to contact and help others in this site by responding through private message or email. It won't get you the coveted 10 posts in 2 months , but we are all here to help each other in a friendly environment.

--
    I hear you 92.

Rules are rules. Keeps the 1 time bandits out of here. Is the scale set too high(?) Maybe/Maybe not... Most stuff can be answered in a search but new threads are always welcomed.

The minimum posts and time on here goes quick. I am glad there is no "What is it worth? No location. Facebook is filled with them. Prices are all over the place. LOCATION,LOCATION,LOCATION...

Welcome to the 'hood.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bozon View Post
    I just registered so I can provide a solution to someones problem on an old post - as I had the exact same problem and fixed it.
    But your damn stupid rules say I have to jump through all kinds of hoops to be permitted to post a reply, got to first post 10 discussions, wait 2 months etc etc.

It is no wonder that many problems are left unsolved for years, as who could be bothered to register just to help someone out??

This is the post I want to reply to :
    "Honda GX120 shuts off after 10-25 seconds of running. Cant figure it out!"

I have same engine with same problem. Solution - remove the carby fuel cup by unscrewing small bolt. Insert a fine wire down screwhole to clean out the jet hole through to the venturi throat of the carby. If you removed the air intake you should be able to see the wire poking through and hitting the side wall of the throat. Now the fuel should have no trouble flowing into the venturi and engine. This fixed the problem for me. I found this solution on a youtube video on carby cleaning. An indicator that this is the problem is if you can keep the engine running a bit by spraying carby cleaner into the air intake, this indicates fuel starvation, and a seemingly clean carby is actually partially blocked. This was what happened in my case.
    What is with Canada these days?
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    What is with Canada these days?
    Contrary to what the name seems to imply “North” Carolina isn’t in Canada.

Oh, and if someone says “carby” in a post and that they are from Victoria they are probably Australian. If not then they might be Canadian, but it would imply that their parents are likely kin folk
    Last edited by El Camexican; 11-19-2017 at 12:58 AM.

--
    I don't think this is Victoria, British Columbia, "Carby" is Australian, same as "Tyre".
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool