//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 83 ytm125 carb help

--

83 ytm125 carb help

Alrighty guys, just picked up an (I'm assuming 83) yamaha 125 2 stroker and I'm wondering if any of you guys have gotten rid of the oil injection and ran premix and switched over to a less bs carb (minus the oil ports). Carb is all torn apart and missing the part tha pulls both the oil and throttle cables at once so I'm wanting to run a twist throttle premix setup. Any ideas? Any input?

1985 Honda 250es Big Red (Daily Driver)
    Multiple Honda ATC 90s and 110s
    1984 Honda 200s
    1983 Honda 185s

--
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Repair the oil injection and use it.
    As above fix the oil pump! I just fill up my yt175 and don't need to worry about mixing oil! Also very reliable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    The oil injections is solid on these machines, but I blocked them off when I was running my Tri-motos. Mix at 32:1. You'll need to rejet for the mixture, might need to go up a few sizes on the main and adjust your pilot. I've always swapped out carbs and rejetted them.

As for the cables, I made my own. http://flanderscables.com/ will sell you all the parts you need. There is a minimum order on parts. I'd suggest stocking up since everything is mega cheap.

Those carbs on the 125s are pretty restrictive... But so is the rest of the machine. There's a lot you can do to that 125 to get some good power out of it.
    I just wanna go fast. If your not first, your last!!
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

--
    Z=bigredder;1461840]Alrighty guys, just picked up an (I'm assuming 83) yamaha 125 2 stroker and I'm wondering if any of you guys have gotten rid of the oil injection and ran premix and switched over to a less bs carb (minus the oil ports). Carb is all torn apart and missing the part tha pulls both the oil and throttle cables at once so I'm wanting to run a twist throttle premix setup. Any ideas? Any input?[/QUOTE]

~Matt Gusciora

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //