//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New guy here with a tecate project

--
    Couple questions guys
    First I checked my cylinder size and I come up 69.7 when I got it it didn't have a piston for me to go off of so am I to believe that it is a 69mm or a 70mm piston I need to order

Second what else can I use for a back caliper other then a 84-85 tecate people want way to much for them
    I'm sure I will have more to come but that's it for now
    Thanks for the help

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan-k View Post
    Second what else can I use for a back caliper other then a 84-85 tecate people want way to much for them
    ummm...maybe it's the other way around and you just don't want to pay enough for one.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

--
    I am definitely a Honda man, but I really appreciate the Kawasaki Green. Nice project and keep us up to date on the bike. It is looking really good coming together.

--
    Does anyone know how I can pull some info off this carb it came in a box with the rest of my parts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4827.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	247654

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bmills92 View Post
    I am definitely a Honda man, but I really appreciate the Kawasaki Green. Nice project and keep us up to date on the bike. It is looking really good coming together.
    Thanks it seems like it's taking me forever to finish hopefully it will be done before spring

--
    Is there a v10 or v20 stamped on body? Can you read the pilot and main sizes? I've got some info on those stock Mikuni, basic info.
    Last edited by fieldy; 11-19-2017 at 03:16 AM.

--
    This is all I can find on the card as far as numbers go

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4828.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	247655

--
    I can compare that one to mine in pics but not today. Monday-Wednesday this week can look at mine i have two. One I figure an 84-85. The other an 86 i believe. Pilots are 40 and the 84-85 mik has a 260 main. The 86 Mik has a 210 main.

Edit: both carburetors are vm34ss Mikunis in the manual.
    It says 35 on pilot and 270 on main but thats a specific sea level brand new on the Tecate.
    I will use the Mikunis, but someday buy a keihn to run.

+++Edit: there is a difference in appearance between the two. I will get some pictures of them soon to post up.
    I think they are origional Tecate carburetors. Maybe someone else will recognize them in pictures to certify their originality.
    Last edited by fieldy; 11-20-2017 at 09:19 PM.

--
    hi and welcome nice to meet you

--
    Those rims are sweet!

If you’re missing any hardware try Allen’s Fasteners, or Pro Bolt.

--
    So it’s been a while since my last update. Not to much to report I have been ordering parts having parts powder coated once I find some tires that I like I can put it on the ground and add almost everything I need to make it a complete roller. I have all the bottom motor parts ordered and found 2 pieces I needed to put the bottom end back together once the bearing are all installed.

Does anyone here have some measurements for the air box cage that the filter goes around and maybe some pics I was just going to make one

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //