//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another 200x mods.. Best person for head porting?

--

Another 200x mods.. Best person for head porting?

Now that I listed my 200x for Sale I am having second thoughts and thinking about keeping and upgrading instead.

She runs great, starts first or second kick every time and has lots of power when on fairly solid ground. (My LTZ 400 with pipe barely pulls on it)

However, I mostly ride in the dunes and keep her pinned full throttle the majority of riding and have a hard time keeping power up to the top of most dunes..

This is what I am looking at and any suggestions would be great, or if I am wasting my time and these mods will not make a noticeable difference.

-Sending head off to be ported (Any recommendations?)
    -Webcam cam
    -High comp Weisco piston
    -28mm carb with bored out intake manifold to match. (Worth it to remove the choke for more flow?)
    Or
    -Swap in a crf230 or250 engine (Assuming I can find one cheap)

Already have:
    -Chrome DG exhaust
    -Light weight 8" aluminum rims
    -UNI filter
    -Wheel spacers

--
    Nice trike. KEEP IT! All of those ideas sound good. I’d rather keep the original motor and work it. I know Dunlap has 250 kits for that generation. No experience with them. My exp with Mickey was good but some people here have a different opinion.
    If you decide to port the head I’ve had good luck with race tech out here in corona. Great people and they do good work. Reasonable prices. They can also bore the cylinder. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    You don't find crf230 motors cheap. You may find the entire bike for a ok price. Xr200 carb and cam, high comp pistion and good exhaust then go about your day.

--
    Porting: CT/FAST/Rob Selvy
    Cam: 389a webcam or megacycle (get springs, ti retainers and rocker facing)
    Piston: Stay under 12:1 or you will be married to race gas
    Carb: 28mm and leave choke (also you may have issues if you run an airbox. If you do, you will have to make a custom intake tract to carb)
    Exhaust: Get rid of DG and put on a supertrapp (~13 discs)
    Ensure you crank is good before doing any of this and while you are in there, replace kicker gears with HD set
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Nice trike. KEEP IT! All of those ideas sound good. I’d rather keep the original motor and work it. I know Dunlap has 250 kits for that generation. No experience with them. My exp with Mickey was good but some people here have a different opinion.
    If you decide to port the head I’ve had good luck with race tech out here in corona. Great people and they do good work. Reasonable prices. They can also bore the cylinder. Good luck.

--
    After some more reading looks like I will need an oil cooler too.

The more I read about the 200x the more it looks like 3rd gear will eventually fail. Will the 3rd gear(s) out of the Lifan fit?

--
    I had 2 nice 200Xs a few years back.

Best performance mod they ever got was the 350X/250R replacement.
    That is - I sold them and replaced with a 350X and a 250R.

I miss the 200Xs for bonking around the trail riding areas near by house, but they didn't have the beans to play in the dunes with me on them. Especially since all my riding buddies ride the bigger trikes.
    Most cost effective to replace with bigger trikes.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jb2wheels View Post
    I had 2 nice 200Xs a few years back.

Best performance mod they ever got was the 350X/250R replacement.
    That is - I sold them and replaced with a 350X and a 250R.

I miss the 200Xs for bonking around the trail riding areas near by house, but they didn't have the beans to play in the dunes with me on them. Especially since all my riding buddies ride the bigger trikes.
    Most cost effective to replace with bigger trikes.
    This seems to be the #1 reply to these 200x threads.. However, the 200x fits perfectly in-between my jet skis on the trailer so I want to keep it. I go to Pismo to ride in the surf and then at night or when it is windy I play in the dunes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o4kbAhwFwo

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --

If you want a big increase in power it's pretty much a waste of time building your 200. You need big cubes to get up a sand hill on a 4 stroke, therefore, if you keep the same engine, I would increase the displacement in addition to the other mods but it will cost you a fair amount of change.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

--
    if I end up keeping her I am going to put a Chinese 250 in her. After the cost of the mods and bigbore kit the Chinese engine will be cheaper and still make more power..

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinc View Post
    if I end up keeping her I am going to put a Chinese 250 in her. After the cost of the mods and bigbore kit the Chinese engine will be cheaper and still make more power..
    It won't make much more at all unless you build the bejesus out of it as well.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

--
    Yeah those Chinese 250 motors barely make 15 hp from everything I’ve read and seen. I’d build yours. Even a cam , fresh piston ( under 11.5 imo for pump gas ) and the xr200 carb (cheap and bigger easy upgrade) with a good custom exhaust like a SupertrApp will wake that thing up big time!! At that point you’ll need suspension upgrades cause you’ll be out of spring.

--
    Get a 350X or 250R. If you build it. TC racing. Tell him what you are gonna do with it so he doesn't build it too far.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinc View Post
    Tell you what. When you remove that 200cc motor to put that loncin in there, I have cash and will take that 200 motor off your hands....LMK
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--

If you do get a head ported here are a couple other options from world class championship winning engine builders.

http://robmuzzyracing.com/

http://muzzys.com/

I don't know if these guys do head porting anymore since Jerry Branch doed.

https://www.branchokeefe.com/

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR OR A LEG TO STAND ON

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //