//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Mower carb wire ?

--

Mower carb wire ?

Picked up a weedeater 15 hp rider . had gas in crank case...drained gas and oil and refilled. put a on off switch in the line. works great till yest , I forgot to shut the switch off. tractor wouldn't turn over cause the crank case was full of gas and oil again... what does the wire do on bottomClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1021170854.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	247204 of bowl ?,
    our original 85 we bought new, 2 - 86 police specials
    250r dust runner
    04 Yamaha kodiaK 450 snowbuster ! Brute Force 750 dust collector .
    Bunch of es stuff I been buying for next builds....
    Gone but lives on in my aching body the mighty 350x collection . A Beat 85 es im gonna rebuild

--
    Well, at the risk of no one else answering.....

I believe it's a solenoid type of action the needs to be - EITHER N/O or N/C.

N/O - leave the wire off and your good. N/C - You will need 12 volts and a ground for the gas to flow.

A wiring diagram tells you what exactly is required to have spark.....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--

--
    Sounds like I have a sticking float ?
    250r dust runner
    Gone but lives on in my aching body the mighty 350x collection . A Beat 85 es im gonna rebuild

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    If the engine is hunting, you may have some gunk in the carb. Sometimes you can get around pulling and cleaning the carb by running the engine at full throttle, and then applying full choke until the engine nearly stalls. Repeat this process several times. I used to remove the carb to clean it (major PITA) until a friend told me about this little trick, and now I haven't removed the carb in over 5 years. A little Seafoam or Redline fuel system cleaner added to the fuel isn't a bad idea either.

--
    Engine runs great. But if I leave my fuel valve on it fills crank case. is sea foam that good ?
    250r dust runner

--
    Fuel cutoff solenoid does not have anything to do with the engine flooding with fuel. That plunger on the solenoid blocks the main jet so the engine doesn't continue to draw fuel into the combustion chamber as it shuts down causing a backfire on these engines that are epa mandated to have fixed jetting that is borderline too lean.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dustrunner View Post
    Engine runs great. But if I leave my fuel valve on it fills crank case. is sea foam that good ?
    I am unaware of any fuel additive that will do the job of a fuel valve. I have actually never seen a riding mower with a fuel valve on it, so I will just sit back and learn. I am quite sure someone will have better info for you.

--

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MonroeMike View Post
    I would replace the needle and seat.
    I agree. After rereading the first post in this thread, I realized that the fuel shutoff valve was not original equipment. DOH!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //