//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: hot rods crank

--

hot rods crank

so i finally got to split the cases on my 310 that locked up earlier this year...this is a 3 year old maybe 40 hour hot rods crank...are they known for failing like this??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1027171657.jpg  
    current rides
    82' ATC110
    85' ATC310R
    85' ATC250R
    85' ATC250ES
    16' brute force 750

--
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Did you ask Hot Rods about it
    havent got that far yet. just seeing if anyone on here has seen one do this
    current rides
    82' ATC110
    85' ATC310R
    85' ATC250R
    85' ATC250ES
    16' brute force 750

--
    the older hot rod cranks are hit-or-miss. Some last a long time and others fail(and create massive engine damage to some). I'm told the newer ones are much better and are very reliable. I have one motor w/ a hot rod crank, all my others are oem 88/89 cranks.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by deathman53 View Post
    the older hot rod cranks are hit-or-miss. Some last a long time and others fail(and create massive engine damage to some). I'm told the newer ones are much better and are very reliable. I have one motor w/ a hot rod crank, all my others are oem 88/89 cranks.
    i have already bought a used oem crank. im going to send it to some one and have it rebuilt
    current rides
    82' ATC110
    85' ATC310R
    85' ATC250R
    85' ATC250ES
    16' brute force 750

Poco Loco is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I have a 4mm stroker HR crank Ive been floggin for 4 yrs on the track. Its been good to me. Im one of the lucky ones. Ive seen ugly failures. Im getting ready to race a fresh stock stroke HR crank this weekend in a GP race. Fingers crossed.
    Shart Guard .......Use it !

Pink Powerwheels Barbie trike

Wamo Big Wheel with a solid trikecycle front tire

Mini bike 3hp Briggs and Stratton with cambells soup can exhaust

Schwinn stingray with coaster brakes

1985 Crash and Burn champ

1st place National Endo Championship

--
    so where is the best place to get your oem crank reworked
    current rides
    82' ATC110
    85' ATC310R
    85' ATC250R
    85' ATC250ES
    16' brute force 750

--
    one of the things is when installing your new crank, make certain you "center" it. after closing the case centers and you bolt everything together, re-heat the cases to 300* for 15 min.
    then take a rubber or wooden mallet and tap the stator and clutch side of the crank. then hold the rod and move use it to move the crank in a circle as if a piston was moving it somewhat slowly. if you feel tension, tap on the stator side first. try it again. then the clutch side. if one loosens it up some, tap that side again and keep testing this till it is free turning.
    NEVER assemble the cases cold. always assemble them hot as the steel bearings need to slide in not gouge in. they can damage a cold case. I have seen many cases where they put them together cold and after a few hours the bearing outside housings are spinning instead of the centers.
    this will help stop crank, bearing and piston failures. it will also stop any binding and free up power due to binding.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    one of the things is when installing your new crank, make certain you "center" it. after closing the case centers and you bolt everything together, re-heat the cases to 300* for 15 min.
    then take a rubber or wooden mallet and tap the stator and clutch side of the crank. then hold the rod and move use it to move the crank in a circle as if a piston was moving it somewhat slowly. if you feel tension, tap on the stator side first. try it again. then the clutch side. if one loosens it up some, tap that side again and keep testing this till it is free turning.
    NEVER assemble the cases cold. always assemble them hot as the steel bearings need to slide in not gouge in. they can damage a cold case. I have seen many cases where they put them together cold and after a few hours the bearing outside housings are spinning instead of the centers.
    this will help stop crank, bearing and piston failures. it will also stop any binding and free up power due to binding.
    Hey you and Milner ready to reimburse all the people you ripped off yet?
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Hey you and Milner ready to reimburse all the people you ripped off yet?
    Maybe Oscar came back because Milner abused him in some way? No shame in admitting when you were wrong Oscar, just point to the doll and tell us where he touched you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chuck.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	247581

Was it on the wallet like the rest of us?

--
    first off, Go blankity_Blank
    I never stole anything and accusing me is dead wrong blankity_Blank
    second, everyone whom said anything got their money returned via paypal. or did you blankity_Blank NOT report this? oh wait your never told anyone you got your $ back did you?
    that's right, my Fabio the lone wolf whom thinks he is going to save the world (idiot) talks more with no facts just hearsay..

so FACTS:
    the guys that claim they got ripped off had a complete and full refund from what I know. Milner was put into a -950 for his ebay and paypal accounts from paypal so everyone could shut up and move on as they got their $ back. but how come you guys still talk when you were refunded? funny how you all talk your and never reply with truth......

now back to reality, I am done talking about any of that subject. all else will be ignored.
    Last edited by yaegerb; 11-21-2017 at 02:21 PM. Reason: made family friendly, but left most of original context for future generations

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

hot rods crank

You represent yourself very well Oscar. That's a very good portrayal of who you are.

Nico! How's your refund treating you these days?

I don't think nearly as many wrongs were righted here as you're eluding to Oscar, and even if they were, the wrongs still occurred. You act as if ripping people off is part of a normal transaction.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    you act as if I ripped someone off. I did NOTHING wrong, so you can go Blankity_Blank...... I never made a single transaction, I never did anything except explain what was going on with him and suddenly you blame me for your actions, your a liberal looser dude.. get over yourself.. your actions explain exactly the type of person you are a lying sack of crap. you accuse people falsely of actions they never did and then try to justify. your a looser and liar..
    so before you continue to accuse me FALSELY you better think twice cause right now you the liar and looser for making false statements..............
    Last edited by yaegerb; 11-21-2017 at 02:23 PM. Reason: made family friendly, but left most of original context for future generations

--

hot rods crank

My reputation in regards to speaking the truth speaks for itself Oscar. Everyone saw you sticking up for a thief. You can call me all the names you want, everyone already knows what happened here and we're not going to forget.
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 11-21-2017 at 01:14 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Nico! How's your refund treating you these days?
    Hey Fabs! I'm still out a once perfectly good polished WP shock, a $40 spacer, shipping costs and a few hundred bucks, thanks for asking.

Oscar, please don't tell me that Milner has you believing we're square???!!! FYI, that polished PJ38 on his trike, yeah that came from me too.

Here's a factual statement for you; MILNER "SHERIDAN" BROWN STOLE FROM ME. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeas ask your buddy to sue me for slander, as my collection agency guys can't seem to find him anywhere, although I doubt they've looked under your bed.

PS. Word of the day; "ENABLER"

--
    Oh, BTW Oscar if you can just get him to return my shock and all the pieces that came with it in whatever condition it may be in (including the spacer) I will post it up on here loud and clear. He can keep the money, all I want is my parts and yes the fee he charged me included return shipping, so that has been covered.

It's Christmas time, let's make a miracle happen.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //