//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

--

What would you do?

Ok, well we have a 2acre lot that we (me+wife) cut,cleared and had it destumped. We had the rock/ledge blasted for our foundation. We,ve had small kind of legal bonfires to burn the brush over the last couple yrs, we finally have a nice clean buildable lot. "Have owned this lot for 8yrs or so"
    Over this summer there's maybe 2 feet of pucker brush thats dying off now (winters coming)

Ok now 3yrs yrs ago a new neighbor moved in diagonally across the street, the only words passed between us is that he had a complaint that it looked much better before we clearcut our lot, and that he doesn't like it. His house is about 250ft off the road and this past spring he had his woods cleaned up/left the trees but took out all 3" and under growth (looks nice).
    Well over the last two days here in mass its been VERY windy and lots of rain. I went out for a smoke early this am (still kinda dark)and (he did not see me) but caught him putting a bunch of his drops (broken limbs) and deadfall onto our lot across the street, some he threw in further and some he placed about 3 feet near the road "on my side". When the street is plowed this winter it'll all end up in my still dirt driveway. I should have said something then but i was still half asleep and i guess could not believe what i was seeing.

I'm well over my trouble making yrs---
    Tonight when it got dark i put a 2 foot square "no dumping" sign on my land 4' in from street directly across from his driveway and maybe possibly tossed a few of "his" limbs back onto his land.

So what i guess what my question is what would you do?
    Should i just let it go?
    Knock on his door?
    He's already had issues with both neighbors to the left/right of him.
    I have a couple cop's that i'm friendly with maybe ask them?

I don't want to start trouble w/anyone "but" what do you think?
    Thanks,
    Any input or other stories are very welcome........
    Shep
    Ps. I could smash his pumpkins and tp his yard- "JUST KIDDING"
    Yes my grammer isn't very good, hopefully you can deal w/it.
    Last edited by Shep1970; 10-30-2017 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Spelling

--
    This ot to be good.

--
    When I was 21 I rented a house and had a tree that dropped a lot of leaves. I raked them all up and put them in garbage bags. When I came home from work the next day there was a pile of leaves in my yard the neighbor raked up and threw over the fence. I threw them back over and never had a problem again. I can’t control where the leaves blow. Ha ha.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"
    81 DG 250r : Sold

--
    This same neighbor well his plow guy, on the way out of his driveway he pushes a large pile of snow each time it snows "again" into our lot. It didnt really bother me until until now, maybe it shouldnt i guess its only snow. Maybe a couple of cement/steel posts would cure that. Its been a long day, i took on a 2-3 day job for a relative that i start tomorrow and i dont like working for family.....its very hard to do.

Shep

--
    We Had a neighbor at the lake that kept putting his leftovers behind our cabin when he left. I put them by his door once, no results. Then we made a small no dumping sign. The sign disappeared and we have not had an issue since.
    Present trikes:
    85 250es
    83 ATC 110
    Past:
    85 200X
    Trimoto 175

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Ok, well we have a 2acre lot that we (me+wife) cut,cleared and had it destumped. We had the rock/ledge blasted for our foundation. We,ve had small kind of legal bonfires to burn the brush over the last couple yrs, we finally have a nice clean buildable lot. "Have owned this lot for 8yrs or so"
    Over this summer there's maybe 2 feet of pucker brush thats dying off now (winters coming)

Ok now 3yrs yrs ago a new neighbor moved in diagonally across the street, the only words passed between us is that he had a complaint that it looked much better before we clearcut our lot, and that he doesn't like it. His house is about 250ft off the road and this past spring he had his woods cleaned up/left the trees but took out all 3" and under growth (looks nice).
    Well over the last two days here in mass its been VERY windy and lots of rain. I went out for a smoke early this am (still kinda dark)and (he did not see me) but caught him putting a bunch of his drops (brocken limbs) and deadfall onto our lot across the street, some he threw in and some he placed about 3 feet near the road "on my side" when the street is plowed this winter it'll all end up in my still dirt driveway. I should have said somehing then but i was still half asleep and i guess could not believe what i was seeing.

I'm well over my trouble making yrs---
    Tonight when it got dark i put a 2 foot square "no dumping" sign on my land 4' in from street directly across from his driveway and maybe possibly tossed a few of "his" limbs back onto his land.

So what i guess what my question is what would you do?
    Should i just let it go?
    Knock on his door?
    He's already had issues with both neighbors to the left/right of him.
    I have a couple cop's that i'm friendly with maybe ask them?

I don't want to start trouble w/anyone "but" what do you think?
    Thanks,
    Any input or other stories are very welcome........
    Shep
    Ps. I could smash his pumkins and tp his yard- "JUST KIDDING"
    Yes my grammer isn't very good, hopefully you can deal w/it.
    It sucks to have neighbor problems. Seems the closer you are in proximity the harder it is to get along.

When I moved into this house 10 years back I discovered on the first night that the guy to my South had a dog kennel exactly 5' from my bedroom window and his dogs are neglected and loud. After a few sleepless nights I decided to bang on his door, no answer (probably for the best considering my mental state). I ordered a thing that looks like a small bird house that emits a whistle when dogs bark that's supposed to deter them, so I hung it next to the fence. After that instead of just "Bark, bark, bark, bark" it was "Bark, whine, bark, whine" as the whistle was making the freaking dog cry, but he was too stupid to correlate it with the barking and stop.

So beside the dogs he had a cat which roamed free and liked to tease the dogs between 1:00am and 5:00am on occasion. It would sit about 10 feet away from the kennel and lick its paws when it wasn't busy sh*tting, or breeding on my roof with other cats. Tempted to shoot them all I finally compromised by throwing handfuls of ice at them, just as hard as a rock, but no proof.

As all this is going on I soon realize that if I want to work on bikes in my garage I need to park my truck a half block away because this guys household owns 5 cars and a mini van (The son is a mobile veterinarian and it turns out he's using the kennel to house clients dogs) and is parking three of the cars in front of my house. So now I pay the city just shy of $400 bucks a year to zone the front of my house as private parking. That's $4,000 and counting and now most of the neighbors are likely pissed at me because he parks in front of their places now.

One day I hear a loud stationary motor running outside on the street and don't think much of it until I hear footsteps on my roof. I go outside and there's a guy in a hazmat suit with a breathing apparatus on my roof spraying liquid out of a hose onto the tops of the neighbor's trees. All my windows are open and the fog is blowing back onto my side of the fence. I start yelling at the guy, but he can't hear me so I walked out to the street and shut the compressor off and waited. Sure enough, here comes Mr. Hazmat asking me why I turned his machine off. I ask him what he's spraying into my house and he tells me it's not toxic, so I ask him why he's wearing a mask. No reply. I gave him hard eyes and handed him the key and as walked away I saw the neighbor peeking through the bushes.

So the cat (chough, chough) disappeared one day solving a lot of the noise problems, but the guy (retired) keeps puttering in his back yard all day and the dogs keep barking hysterically at him non stop, so I took an old CD player and placed the speakers on my side of the fence directed at the kennel and his back yard. I happen to have a disc of Chinese techno music that includes some English lyrics, my favorite being one that repeats over and over ♪I like getting fu*cked, but I'd rather get some he*d♪ to a high speed techno beat. Every time the dogs would bark for more than 5 minutes I'd turn on the music and crank it to the max. Took the old fart a few days, but he finally realized there was a pattern to the musical interludes that correlated with the dogs barking and whining and soon after they stopped taking in borders and had just one dog.

One day the 9V battery in my bird house whistle needed to be replaced, but the connectors had corroded from being outside, and broke, so I bought a marine air horn that I would hold over the fence and blast on occasion. Thing is that it was too loud for nighttime use, so I started hosing the dog with water from my roof, but going upstairs bare foot in my pajamas at 3:00am isn't a lot of fun either, so I went back to tossing ice cubes when needed.

At some point he realizes that if he parks one of his cars just a few feet into my no parking zone the rest of the car covers a small enough patch of his garage door that he can still get a car in and out of it. He started with a few inches and within a week had half a car in my painted zone. F150 trailer hitch treatment followed. Punched right through the plastic bumper of his Nissan and then pushed the car out of the zone with the tires squealing on my Ford. He hasn't tested the border since, but a few parents from the nearby school still seem to think "No Parking" means "15 minute Parking". They only make the mistake once each, my favorite being when they leave their windows down a crack and I decide to wash my parking area with the hose. Sometimes they even leave the windows all the way down.

Some time back he built a "palapa" which is basically a roofed area with a BBQ in it. He built the back of it against our fence and the workers never finished our side, so exposed blocks with no paint. Typical in some neighborhoods here, but were we live everyone finishes up the work with a coat of stucco, or paint. but not him. I could have lived with the ugly, but the crews kept tossing rubble and scrap into my yard. I kept leaving it as I assumed they'd clean up after they finished the job, but when I realized that wasn't going to happen I gathered it all up and tossed it into his yard. Some of my dog droppings may have gotten mixed in there as well.

I'm getting side tracked here, so after about 3 years of ZERO verbal communication with this neighbor his veterinarian son who stands a whopping 5'-2" come banging on my door (Never spoke with him before) Introduces himself as Carlos, puffs his chest out as big as it will go and starts screaming at me because the guys working on my roof threw water on his pure breed shiatsu and telling me that if the dog died of a cold I would have to pay him thousands of Pesos and that as it was I had to pay for a grooming because this was a show dog, then he turned on his little heals and marched off.

I went and asked the construction crew what happened and they said the little dog had been trying to hump the black lab all day long and fell into its water dish. After laughing my arse off I went downstairs and decide to wait and see if he came back for money. Well about thirty minutes later he shows up with a red face and tells me that his maid saw the little dog fall into the big dogs water bowl and that he was sorry for yelling at me. I was trying not to laugh, but as he finished his speech and turned on his heals and started walking away just like he had the first time I called out to him and said "Hey Carlos!" He stopped turned around and I said "I just want you to know that it takes a reeealy BIG MAN to admit to a screw up like that". He face got twice as red and we haven spoken in 7 years.

Then about 3 years ago there was a banging noise emanating from their side of the fence that persisted for hours with brief pauses. I finally looked over the fence and there was the old man trying to cut down a tree with a 10" trunk with a butchers knife. The old goat was about 1" into the trunk and looking like he was about to stroke out, so I grabbed my chainsaw and walked over, never said a work, just fired it up, cut the tree down and then cut it into 2' sections. When I was done he said thanks and I said your welcome and walked away. I didn't do it because I was worried about him stroking out, it was the sound of him hacking away at the tree with a knives that motivated me and he knew it. Haven't spoken a word before or since.

A year back one of his palms was blocking my satellite dish and I would lose signal when there was a breeze lout. When I realized what it was I cut the branches and tossed them into his yard. The next morning they were in front of my house, so I threw them back into his yard and never saw them again.

Now the latest is that we have termites between us. My place is treated, but his likely isn't as they keep coming through my wall and retreating, but God only knows where they aren't retreating. I'd gladly pay to do his place but we don't talk, so the termites are running free. His property is also higher than mine (we're on a slope) and the water that falls into his back yard is washing out the base of my house while running underground as his drain seems to be plugged. He also planted a fast growing tree that starting to crack his fence and will soon start to damage the sidewalk on my side of the fence. I foresee lawyers getting involved soon, all because I don't want to talk to my neighbor.

So the point of my rant is that there isn't a point, I just wanted you to know that lots of us have di*kheads for neighbors. Good luck with yours, personally I go with the sign to start, but if he was ignorant enough to toss the branches there in the first place he's not a "Good guy" The best you can hope for is to shame him into behaving civilly, but if he's done this and is butt hurt over you chopping down the park he didn't want to pay for I suspect you're not going to end up drinking beers together and that sucks as it really is nice when you have a good relationship with the people around you. Fortunately for me I get along with the people on other three sides of me.

I really wish I could hand pick my neighbors from this site.

Good luck
    Last edited by El Camexican; 10-30-2017 at 10:46 PM.

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    My mother is having similar issues with one of her neighbors. She won't confront him or allow me to speak on her behalf, yet she still complains about the situation. I recommended that she should send the offending neighbor a registered letter addressing the error of his ways, but she says she doesn't want to start anything.
    Personally, I don't take any crap from anyone regarding trespassing. I used to have a problem with the neighbors across the street wandering over and even driving around my lawn at all hours of the day and night. After researching my legal rights and obligations, I posted some "No Trespassing" signs and had a little chat with the trespassing neighbors. I stated my case, and stood my ground. Suffice it to say that now my neighbors wouldn't visit my property on a bet. Some people just don't realize that they are a nuisance until it is brought to their attention.

--
    I like the pumpkin smashing!!! Just kidding...without saying too much, I'd go talk to him, ya know, introduce myself. Ask him, "what can we do to help?". We all get 'busy', but it's good to know the neighbors. I've lived next to people that would never talk to me. Honestly, I thought it was weird. So, now I at least make an effort to wave.

Good luck, shep. Working for family is great!!!??? Especially referrals.

--
    All my other neighbors are great, when we had bonfires they'd come over to hangout. 8 houses on this street- 4 of them have some sort of atv that i usually need to fix in one way or another, it works out fine. Its funny though, we live a couple miles from a state forest, theres a trail system that leads to our backyard so three or for times this past year people would just kinda wander up to us and say they were lost and were we supposed to be burning on state land (its not its private) Well i just point them in the other direction nicely.....and NO atvs aren't allowed in the state forest but i should be able to ride in there and say im lost...
    Anyway, cool story about the dogs/ liked the birdhouse whistle idea.
    My other neighbor on the right of me on a 1/4 acre lot his lawn keeps getting larger it grew about 6' this yr atleast he knows he's cutting my grass. I told him if/when he sells that part of his yard is going bye bye. Good guy though.

Thanks,
    Shep

--
    I threw a bunch of fallen branches over our fence after a storm, the other side was a vacant lot. The next day my landlord called and said the owner saw me doing it and I need to stop it....lol

--
    You know the worst thing about this is not the limbs or the snow plowing or anything else..............it's the respect issue. In fact I would say none of that even matters at this point....it's all about repect.

And that's what keeps a man up at night thinking about it....or kids shooting each other up in the hood over it.....or when someone approaches your wife over it.....it's not the action but the disrespect. You disrespected me and now you need to pay. Honestly it's a natural reaction and its simple as that.

Jd110 is right on the money. Talking and being neighborly and being friendly all is sound advice. For me I wouldn't do that.......only because of where I grew up it may come accross to this jabroni as you being weak.......which may lead to more disrespect..I don't know. I would install cameras and record illegal behavior and get the proper authorities involved. You can do a "tick for tat" type of deal but you would need to be prepared and willing to take it to the next step. And with your families safety in mind I wouldn't go that route.

Honestly......cameras and reporting to the authorities is the best step.

Good luck.

--
    Well this am my sign is still there, but some of the branches that made there way back over to him were in a pile at the end of his property bordering his other nieghbors. Which when plowed will be pushed into their land. What a jerk. Maybe that'll be the end of my dealings w/him. May have to hook up a camera of sorts just for him during storms.

Shep

--
    Maybe you could watch him do it again one morning and confront him and draw some lines, maybe show him some pictures you took of him throwing stuff in your yard. If he feels comfortable doing it at that time of morning, he'll likely do it again if he hasn't gotten the message yet. I think something like that can be handled in a civil manner. He may be more willing to cooperate than you think but if he isn't you have proof of him shitting on you.

Not two weeks ago I spent two hours fixing up my mailbox, going over it with scotch brite and cleaning it and painting it with appliance paint and i was so proud of it cause it looked brand new and didn't cost me a dime. The next day i come home and it had been shot up with a paintball gun...not only that but they had the audacity to open it and shoot it full of paintballs. That said, i was 14 once and owned a paintball gun

My neighbor across the street had taken to letting himself in my house and stealing tools while i wasn't around. And the only way i know that is because his wife snitched on him when i saw her wandering down the middle of main street 20 miles away and stopped...turns out he's on meth(surprise?)and he stole a bunch of my tools that morning(probably to get money to leave town before they arrested him) and DHR took the kids and were sending her to a home. I once sat on my porch and watched them throw beer bottles at a car that was simply turning around in their driveway. Those kind of people.
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    The thing is were always doing outside large fire pit cookouts, the kids have there bb gun target range there too. Christmas is a great time of year to get targets- all the tree ornaments are 90% off at walmart after holidays.....
    Anyway he could have burned all the stuff at our lot if he had just asked, and i probably would have helped him.

Shep
    We didnt do paintball we had 1/4 stick firecrackers!!!! Now that was fun.

--
    Used to live on a dead end dirt road next to a bigger farm than ours. Farmer sold and two acre zoning meant lots of new folk moved in. Thinking they live in the country now many would let their dogs roam freely. I like dogs but after our last one passed one we haven't had one since. Do not miss the land mines while mowing but now the neighbor's dogs are crapping on the lawn, in the driveway and once on the back deck. I went to the neighbor and explained how much I hate stepping in dog and that the town requires leashes and licenses.
    Not much was said for a reply, but that they will be sure to keep an eye on their dogs. Next time I found a dog in my yard I used a paper plate to scoop it up and left it on their door step. Those people moved less then six months later.

Another neighbor had a few mutts and they would pull food right off our grille if we were hanging out in the garage. The thing was we liked the dogs just not the fact they were neglected by their owners. One afternoon we needed to run to the local dump and Tobie the dog next door was famous for jumping into vehicles regardless who was driving. Like I said we liked the dogs so when he jumped in the bronco we just headed to town. Well it ended up being a three hour tour and the woman was out looking for her pooch while he was cruising round town. We got nabbed for taking him to the transfer station because Tobie was spotted by a coworker of the owner when we took a couple side stops and Tobie was running the neighborhood. That little trip to town ended up with an invisible fence put up the next week

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //