//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hardtail Racer Build - 85 ATC200S

--
    I am still waiting on my PC'ed parts to come back - I'm getting anxious as you can see. Hopefully next week sometime I'll have them back and can actually start assembly. For now here is a sneak peak of my color scheme. Don't mind the blocked out motor parts nor the wrong frame. Just something to hold up my bodywork. I am really liking the colors of this bike. Makes it look so very "Vintage" and "Racey". More to come soon.........................

Happy New Year all!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails racer.jpg  
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atctim View Post
    I am still waiting on my PC'ed parts to come back - I'm getting anxious as you can see. Hopefully next week sometime I'll have them back and can actually start assembly. For now here is a sneak peak of my color scheme. Don't mind the blocked out motor parts nor the wrong frame. Just something to hold up my bodywork. I am really liking the colors of this bike. Makes it look so very "Vintage" and "Racey". More to come soon.........................

Happy New Year all!
    WOW....that's bada$$

Nice work

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    As I am waiting on my parts from PC, which is taking way longer than what I expected, by like a month over, I decided I needed to build another quick project. It is almost done, and just in time for my parts to be back to get back on track with the original build of this thread. I basically threw this together with stuff I had laying around. Should be a fun pit bike and a really fun one for kids to ride on. This will also explain what I hid in the above picture I posted. Was mocking up the motor in an 83 ATC200 frame. This is an 85 ATC200S with a 16HP 65cc liquid cooled 2-stroke engine. Stock for stock - it should be about 25% more power and at least 25% less weight, probably more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180123_000344318.jpg  
    Last edited by atctim; 01-24-2018 at 03:09 PM.

--
    well well well, I finally got my PC parts back. They all look great. Most parts are flat black, like the frame, pegs, mounts, save for a few accent pieces. The rear carrier is red (to simulate a red rear shock - lqtm) and the triples and bars are gold. If all goes well I can get it rolling this week. These pictures are very random I realize, but just to give an idea of how they turned out. More pics to come as the parts all come together. If I haven't yet mentioned it, I am doing this bike in the identical colors as my 2017 Africa Twin. Every part should be the same color as on the bike. The bike aesthetically is so very pleasing to me, and I assume the trike will be the same.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180206_075239957.jpg   IMG_20180206_075216034.jpg   IMG_20180206_075309885.jpg  
    Last edited by atctim; 02-06-2018 at 11:28 AM.

--
    This is going to be awesome Tim, i can't wait to see the finished product
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Looks great!

--

Small Update

I got very little done last night, but very little is better than none. But first - I weighed the 2-stroke 200S last night. A stock 1985 ATC200S weighs 278 pounds. I got the weight down to 206 pounds. That is a weight loss of 72 pounds. I feel excellent about that. It is a 25.89% weight reduction!

Here are a few pictures to keep this thread moving. First is a comparison of my Africa Twin handle bars, as compared to my new race bike handle bars. Second is a little bit done last night. pressed bearings and seals into rear carrier, installed NASA +6" rear alxe with TRX450R hubs, and installed an NOS OEM rear grab bar. More detail to come as this build continues. Thanks for looking.

BTW - The frame looks dull because it is flat black. The Africa Twin has a flat black frame. Looking at it in this stage makes me wish I would have done gloss black, but I feel confident in Honda's design team that the flat black will pull it together as the build progresses.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bars.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	250104Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180206_220553315.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	250105
    Last edited by atctim; 02-07-2018 at 12:13 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atctim View Post

Happy New Year all!
    I'm going to put the weezy stamp of approval on this scheme buddy!
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

Fabiodriven- cereal goes in first, then milk.
    I’ve got an 8” Grip on a 10” turd... Kyle Kiser

--
    Love this! But why no love for team green? ahem, KLT!?? 200's are ruled out because they are not auto?... But it would still be SOS. 185 & 160 are shaft drive... allowed? This a very race-ist class! (see what I did there) I'm too afeared to race anyway (old and fragile) and just wanted to subscribe to the thread and figured I'd have a little fun with it! Looking awesome and looking forward to seeing more!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3359.JPG   IMG_3361.JPG   Image1464694226.144726.jpg  
    insanity - Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result

My Feedback Thread.....http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-MRSOUND

86 honda big red
    85 250sx
    82 250r
    86 klt 185 black (project)
    86 klt 185 red
    85 klt 160 (Floyd)
    85 klt 110 X2 (projects)
    86 klt 110 X2
    84 klt 200
    84 atc 70
    DUCKSTER!

--
    I think the honda's are scared
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSOUND View Post
    Love this! But why no love for team green? ahem, KLT!?? 200's are ruled out because they are not auto?... But it would still be SOS. 185 & 160 are shaft drive... allowed? This a very race-ist class! (see what I did there) I'm too afeared to race anyway (old and fragile) and just wanted to subscribe to the thread and figured I'd have a little fun with it! Looking awesome and looking forward to seeing more!

The original idea was that everyone in the class would be on identical bikes with identical HP and identical handling characteristics. Remember the IROC races? Everybody had the same car (just a different color). So it was an exactly level playing field. A shaft drive clutch machine is quite a departure.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    The original idea was that everyone in the class would be on identical bikes with identical HP and identical handling characteristics. Remember the IROC races? Everybody had the same car (just a different color). So it was an exactly level playing field. A shaft drive clutch machine is quite a departure.
    Thanks buddy! Just rattling the chain a little . Like I said just wanted to subscribe for future updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    insanity - Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result

My Feedback Thread.....http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-MRSOUND

86 honda big red
    85 250sx
    82 250r
    86 klt 185 black (project)
    86 klt 185 red
    85 klt 160 (Floyd)
    85 klt 110 X2 (projects)
    86 klt 110 X2
    84 klt 200
    84 atc 70
    DUCKSTER!

--
    That is looking good. I knew I should have put a touch of red on the rear of my 200s like yours.
    "See, morbid and creepifying, I got no problem with, long as she does it quiet-like. "

Trikes:
    1982 Honda ATC250R(in process), 1984 Honda ATC110, 1984 Honda 200s, 1985 Kawasaki KLT160(not running...yet)
    Quads:
    1990 Suzuki LT250S, 2013 Suzuki LT-Z400, 2014 Honda TRX450R SE

--
    couple more updates. She just needs a motor installed now.

--
    And here is Kintore's - basically same build with an 83 185S and rather than a Z50 tank like mine, he used a Honda APE tank

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //