//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hardtail Racer Build - 85 ATC200S

--
    Those look great in White....knew I should have gone white as I do with everything. :-(
    "See, morbid and creepifying, I got no problem with, long as she does it quiet-like. "

Trikes:
    1982 Honda ATC250R(in process), 1984 Honda ATC110, 1984 Honda 200s, 1985 Kawasaki KLT160(not running...yet)
    Quads:
    1990 Suzuki LT250S, 2013 Suzuki LT-Z400, 2014 Honda TRX450R SE

--
    We finally finished them up over the Easter weekend. They look excellent and run even better. I will not go into all the motor details as they are proprietary information, but let's just say WOW!

Also - the turning radius is out of this world on these bikes. The 2018 NEEDT race season is upon us and we are ready to rock in the Open Ameteur class on these little units. I mean come one, they are just ATC185/200 hardtails. Just little utility machines...............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails done.jpg  
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    Also - it should be noted we pulled roughly 40 pounds off of the stock bikes. Final weights (wet: full tank of gas and full of oil)

Tim's 200S = 248 Pounds
    Josh's 185S = 243 pounds

These are the true "Ultra-Lights" Bikes we had hoped for. Add huge HP gains and we have a couple of real cool little bikes that are race ready save for the Chiropractor!

--
    Wow! I'm impressed! Looking great

--
    So friggin cool. I wish i could make Busco to see their debut
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Nice job Tim, This is a awesome class of race trikes, wish we had something like that here..

--
    Holy cow those are badass

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Very nice modifications. The bike is great. Thanks Ironchop for turning me on to this thread (I need to get better at searching). Hopefully, you won't mind a few questions? Is the brake line ready made or did you have it built? Is the left side master cylinder a cheapo unit too or is it oem? Parts sources??
    Thanks!!!

--
    I can help here with the brake line and parts.
    I have used both a left hand Chinese master from eBay as it's on my trail bike. My race bike is a kfx90 lever.
    Here is the Chinese master...

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Brake-Master-...4AAOSw42JZKMDG

The brake line is as follows. 65 inches long.
    One end is a 15 degree. The other is a 90 degree. With a 45 degree offset to each other. Custom made from apex brake lines from a guy named Raymond Chan on Facebook. He does lots of custom work and done 8 or 9 brake lines just for this conversion.
    It's a 200x disc and hub
    400ex caliper WITH mounting plate
    You need to make a axle spacer roughly 3/4 long. Or die grind out 2 axle oem locknuts and they will work
    A made two bolt holder spacers to weld to oem.carrier
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

--
    Thanks for the reply Kintore. Awesome story on the Pete naming convention, I used to work with a guy like that. Pardon me for a few more questions:
    1) Good info on the brake line, problem is I don't "do" the Facebook thing. Does he have a website, email, #?
    2) Why did you not go with the standard master cylinder off of the right foot pedal? Was it a weight savings issue?
    3) When you guys powder coat a frame, how do you keep the rubber coating on the wire harness clips that are welded to the frame from melting off? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	InkedATC frame_LI.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	251487
    4) Thanks!!!

--
    #1 Here is the website - I recognized the logo right away. Contact him through here: http://www.apexbrakes.com/products.asp#

#2 Weight savings and we talked a lot and both agreed when you are used to a left hand cable brake, you get used to it - so no need for the foot brake. I think I ended up cutting about 3 pounds of extra weight off my frame. The foot brake stud and cable mount was about 6 or 8 ozs if I remember correctly.

#3 My PC guy never said anything about the rubber coating, but it appears he just PCed over it.

#4 You are very welcome - keep the questions coming. More than happy to help out.

daddy420big is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    i been following this build on here and on facebook you did a bad ass job man i need to do this to one of my hardtails to and you guys should build a mx 185s or 200s

--
    Tim I ended up getting a low hr 85' 110 for my son. The 185-200 jump from 70 and Zingers was too much size. I still want him progressing in hardtail FT so the 110 is a good medium. Plans are to mimic some thing you guys have done for setup. Your gearing? Just a direction to head as I'm not the same cc. Front rims, any word on the second go around? Going to change out hubs for some width as you mentioned in the rear. This is a great class, you guys really set the bar. Motor wise everyone's on level ground which helps keep the field competitive. 110cc Jr class anyone? Lol could catch on

--
    Hey Steve! A 110 could be done, and done awesomely, and a few guys on here, like Shortline as well as a few others have done the same to 110s, and really know their stuff! I have front wheels available - email me at tkeister@gmail.com for one. They are $100 + shipping - will bolt right up to your 110 front end. I like the idea of SAS 110 class for the juniors out there. Not sure on gearing a 110 - at least up front. PBI makes rears for the 85110 in 31T to 60T. That's a lot of options. I'm not sure what stock gearing on an 85 110 is, but for reference (remember smaller rear tires change things much) my SAS 200S is running 13/35, from 11/43 stock. It will be fun to see the spin offs this class may create. I'll be looking for an email from you.

--
    Dang Tim. That turned out awesome!!!!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is the same as calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist.

1981 Wife ( Project)

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //