//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Hardtail Racer Build - 85 ATC200S

--
    What is the reason for the caliper to be at 270 degrees on the disc? Is it function or aesthetics?
    Thanks Tim!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Pie View Post
    What is the reason for the caliper to be at 270 degrees on the disc? Is it function or aesthetics?
    Thanks Tim!
    Strictly a function thing. It's the only place it can sit and not interfere with either the frame of the bike or the ground.
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    Excellent! I have received most of the parts to complete this. Missing the tubing and the flange bolts to mount the caliper. Are the mount tubing and bolts that length for strength, such as more surface area available to weld up to the original backing plate? Are the bolts standard or hardened? Thanks for the answers.

--
    We just used standard Honda bolts we had kicking around in the shop.

The tubes or holders we weld to the carrier were just peices of sch 80 1/4 pipe. You could get spacers made up at a machine shop.
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

--
    I have been thinking about building one of these myself, thanks for the information.

Q. What color gold paint is this?
    Is it spray paint?

thanks
    MrC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wheels.jpg  

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MrConcdid View Post

Q. What color gold paint is this?
    Is it spray paint?

MrC.
    Not paint. Aluminum wheels that have been gold anodized

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Thank You for reviving this thread! I had completely forgot about this! Now I have to add another project to my already never ending list

I have been frustrated as of late with the performance of the stock brakes on my 200S, this is a perfect solution!
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Am I correct in assuming the stock 200S rear axle will work with the 200X hub and caliper?
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    Am I correct in assuming the stock 200S rear axle will work with the 200X hub and caliper?
    That's what I understand...though some spacers may need to be made to clearance the carrier depending how you do it. I'm planning on doing this to my 200M....sometime lol
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

--
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnBoy View Post
    That's what I understand...though some spacers may need to be made to clearance the carrier depending how you do it. I'm planning on doing this to my 200M....sometime lol
    I made a list from the one Tim posted on page 2:

Parts - 200X rear brake hub and disc, left hand master cylinder, 66" long brake line, 400EX caliper and mounting (backing) plate (we all used Chinese cheap ones $20 on ebay)
    Material - axle spacer made with same ID as axle OD (approx 3/4" from another post by kintore), thick walled tube for caliper mounting bolts, small pieces of scrap steel for welding in straps for strength members
    Tools - 4 1/2" grinder with cut off wheels, welder, buffer, grinder
    PPE - welding gloves, grinding face shield, safety glasses, long sleeves, ear plugs
    I'm going to start aquireing the parts needed

--
    Not to spam up the thread, but I just happen to have a Race style Harness I made for a customer then they changed their mind on what they wanted.

82-83 ATC185S or ATC200

81 used a different engine connector
    84+ the harness got longer, I think the coil connectors changed this year too.

FYI, race style harness just means all lighting related wiring is removed, left handle bar controls are not wired, you get just the wiring for the tether/kill switch since there's nothing for lights. I include pig tails to splice onto the kill switch/tether of your choice so nice and plug and play type of setup. Harness layout is for stock mounting points for the different parts (CDI, Coil etc).

Pic: https://i.gyazo.com/e4498fb3d1399634...25b80fa633.jpg

--
    What's pbi I'm looking for some rear sprocket for my 200 s Honda where do you race and where can I get the specs to build one for racing I would need ther tool sheet for the sad 200 class

--
    Here's the link for pbi. Even though they're on the other side of the country you'll have your sprockets in 2 days. Pbisprockets.com the rules are pretty simple, you have to keep your machine stock except you can widen the rear end and run an 18" tire in the rear. You can get decal kits and numbers from Bruce Alleman @ Blueline decals, number plates from Liway Swinehart. We race at the Pine Lake NEEDT races, this year they were in July and September. Are you on facebook?
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Are vintage after market exhausts allowed since they were from that time period and you could get them the same day as your 3 wheeler

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Honda View Post
    Are vintage after market exhausts allowed since they were from that time period and you could get them the same day as your 3 wheeler
    Absolutely not!
    The idea is not to keep them vintage or period correct. The main point is they are all STOCK.

Good question. Thanks for asking.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //