//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dodge truck running issue, P1391 trouble code

--
    Another reason I didn't mention it was I kind of assumed it was Apple's to oranges.

Hey man, don't hate the player, hate the game. Lol. Ford has done plenty of dumb stuff too, don't forget. I really hope that sensor cures your problems. Any chance you can get reimburses for the eBay sensor purchase? I'd look into it at least
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

Dodge truck running issue, P1391 trouble code

I would have guessed apples and oranges as well with the difference between the gas and diesel trucks, but in retrospect it's the same exact issue it seems. It's unfortunate that Dodge is able to bring even the venerable Cummins diesel to a halt with their infected parts.

Getting reimbursed on the aftermarket crank sensor will depend if I ordered it wrong, they listed it wrong, or it was produced wrong. I tend to think it was produced wrong because it had the same shape and indent as the factory sensor, however it was slightly bigger than the factory sensor. I think I ordered it right and I'll be reimbursed, but we'll see.
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 11-13-2017 at 11:41 AM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    It seems if it made contact with the trigger it was made wrong, Lol. I hope they see it the same way
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Hope the OEM sensor fixes it up for you.

Can you post up a picture of the sensor that came in contact with the flywheel? Prices are ALL over the place as far as aftermarket and OEM. Had a customer that needed a starter. Aftermarket was $200.00 more than a OEM one. OEM one needed to be ordered and would take a couple days as it was a Saturday. Customer needed his vehicle on the road as it was his only car. Paid the $200.00 extra for the aftermarket starter.

On a side note. I love the diagnosis. It could be the sensor, wiring or ECU... THANKS!!! LOL
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Picture as requested!

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--

Dodge truck running issue, P1391 trouble code

In the end the problem was a faulty crank sensor. Brand new OEM replacement unit cured the problem. Never, ever put aftermarket sensors in a Chrysler product.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Good to hear you fixed the problem.

Aftermarket has come a long way in the last couple of years. I have a couple Toyota's. Seen aftermarket stuff have OEM boxed inside of it. O2 sensors. Made by Denso. Same colour of wires. Same length. Maybe a 2nd line. IDK. They have worked well in the past.

_line you got it fixed up.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //