//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Xt550 trike conversion build thread

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Loving this build, it looks great! I'm not the expert, it may be fine, but if you have tuning problems the first thing I would suspect would be the tube from the mouth of the carburetor to the air filter. It would probably stand to benefit from a bigger intake tract or some sort of "dead air" space like what an airbox would provide. Again, it might run fine as is and I realize an airbox isn't really much of an option, but if it didn't run right that's the first area I'd suspect.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

plevib is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    You know actually a custom air box isn't totally out of the question. I'll have to mull that over some because I would also like the water protection..... thanks for the idea! Maybe after I get it running and test it some I will build an air box

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Atc 500x for the win! (Hopefully.... one day)

plevib is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Exhaust is done. It took a lot of messing around to make it work but I'm good with how it turned out. There's a handful of other fab things to do left (front brakes, skid plate, headlights, chain slider) but all of the hard stuff is done! Really starting to look like a trike!

--
    Very interesting build

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    After a lot of trying to figure out how the heck I was gonna make a grab bar that didn't interfere with the hinged seat I had an idea haha. Not ideal, but very very easy and it'll work just fine

I also ordered some 10mm washers to space the sprocket in a bit to line the chain up better. They are 4mm thick and I'm hoping to shave down the adjuster to make room for 8mm. I will have to countersink the sprocket to make it clear.
    Slowly but surely.
    Last edited by plevib; 03-07-2018 at 12:35 AM.

--
    Soooo... ah..... this is not notably pretty..... I think it'll work for now, but I might have to try to make this piece out of a chunk of aluminum or maybe I'll totally scrap this front hub assembly and try a 200x hub. Idk yet. For now I'm gonna leave it so I can finish more pressing things on this build (who uses the front brake anyways! Haha........) but know that I'm not happy with how this turned out, and will likely change it, so don't judge too hard haha
    Don't worry I'll cut these bolts down and remove some spacers, just a proof of concept

--
    So this unexpected! The pads on the rear caliper (2004 yfz450) I got are shot, so I was about to buy som. I looked a little closer at them and thought, wow, those look just like old Honda pads (200x, 2nd Gen 250r). I have some spares around and sure enough! Exactly the same! Never would have guessed

--
    Call me a redneck but I'm digging the strap, gives it a rally car feel haha. Got the chain lined up very nicely. I'm confident I won't have any issues with it falling off. Now I'll get the slider attached

--
    Moving right along. Again, it seems weird to have the chain actually putting pressure on the slider, but that's how most bikes do it nowadays so I'll go with it

--
    Added a roller. Looks like most modern bikes so I'm happy.

--
    Seat pan and latches are done. Skid plate, steering stop, and gussets are the only fab work left!

--
    It is coming along very well!! Nice job

What gearing did you go with? I see you got rid of the SAW blade. LOL
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    It is coming along very well!! Nice job

What gearing did you go with? I see you got rid of the SAW blade. LOL
    I can't remember like a 42 or something. It's just one I had. Something like this you just have to ride before you know haha....

I found a treat on fleabay!

I'm stoked that I found this for pretty cheap! I'll do leds in it but this will help establish it as a yamaha (to offset the seat and fenders haha...)

--
    Let's see how many more colors I can get on this thing haha

--
    Electronics mounted

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //